summer 2016

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

beachboysandbeachdays


the Beach Boys in concert


I went to a Beach Boys Concert last week with 3 of my girlfriends and it was so much fun.  We had a blast singing along, dancing and well, you know, just had fun.  There are only 2, of the 7 in the band, that are original members - Mike Love and Brian Johnston but the sound was the same.  They sang for 1 hour and 10 minutes straight.  Amazing!   I didn't realize they even wrote so many songs.  I think my favorite is Kokomo.  I've never been to any of the famous beaches mentioned in that song but I have been to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.


Murray and I on Myrtle Beach

It's is a beautiful beach but the water and the air were pretty cool this past April, as most of the south had an unusually cool winter.  Needless to say I was a bit disappointed especially after driving through Pennsylvania and New York states with temperatures in the low 30's Celsius (90 farenhite) on our way to S.C.!!  We enjoyed long beach walks and hunting for pretty shells and the elusive sharks teeth (I found three!).  We also spent part of a day in Charleston which is a place I would definitely like to go to again for a week or longer!  We are not golfers and Myrtle Beach is for golfers.  There are several resorts, golf courses and dozens of miniature golf spots - all for the golfers.  The temperature was fine for them.  But, Charleston is full of history -  old homes, the market, restaurants, antiques, graveyards, churches, gardens - and I love historical places.


the harbour front walk in Charleston



I love history, antiques, old things, dishes, linens, old homes, archetecture, gardens and photography!

Blessings,

Pam










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...