autumn splendour

Thursday, August 19, 2010

KingsLandingHistoricalSettlement






These pictures are from a recent trip to Kings Landing near Fredericton
NB on a very hazy, hot and humid day.  It was about 30 degrees celsius with the humidex at about 38 and my friend, Carol and I spent 5 hours walking through the village.  We also had a delicious lunch at the Kings Head Inn and ice cream at the shop at the end of the village.  We took the wagon ride back to the main building as by then we were pretty hot and tired.

I love it there!  I love taking a step back in time and seeing how life was back in the good ol' days.  However, I don't think I could live like that today with all our modern ammenities.  We are very spoiled and blessed aren't we?

There is a Visiting Cousins program where children can live on site for several days and learn what life was like in the 1800's.  The staff are very friendly and helpful, explaining the history of each building.  This is a wonderful place to spend a day, relax and enjoy the country air, the views and the history.

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings.

Pam

2 comments:

  1. LOVE King's Landing....great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! thanks for popping over to say hello! I'd love to have you back to follow me? & perhaps join my Cottage Flora Thursday's? I am looking for other garden lovers who are interested in sharing or viewing Cottage Garden Flowers and Landscape. I just can't wait till spring...& hosting this party is a fantastic way to buy us some time!
    xoxo
    ~tracie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...