summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

signsoftheseason

The weather is changing noticibly and we are having rain and fog here today.  There will be some beautiful warm, sunny days ahead well into October and I will look forward to them.  I have noticed a lot of the summer birds are gone although I did see several bluebirds yesterday morning while walking.  I haven't seen any for years but I know there are nesting boxes in the area.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me.  There are still a few hummingbirds around the flowers and feeders.

So, with the change in weather I start wanting to feel cozy in my home.  I start burning candles more often ~ ones scented with spice, cinnamon, pumpkin and vanilla.  I drink more tea and would like to start baking cookies which will be a 'no no' in our house now as we try to eliminate sugar from our diets.  Sad but true!  (Doctor's orders.)  I don't spend as much time in the garden or yard as I did all summer, though there will be lots of yard work to do yet in cleaning up the annuals, raking and bagging leaves (we have 6 large maple trees), and putting the perennials to bed ~ all later on in October.

I picked up the latest issue of Victoria magazine ~ the British issue ~ featuring the Lake District.  I am looking forward to a good cup of tea, a spicy scented candle burning and Victoria to peruse at my leisure (no cookies!).   

Here are some pictures taken last fall of my favorite signs of the season.  Enjoy!

Blessings,

Pamela




 A cup of tea and fresh molasses cookies.



 Pretty hydrangeas.



Sunflowers and fall mums.



Birds gathering  for their southerly flight.



 Lady Ashburnham pickles.



 Apple Picking season.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of my favorite season...love them all! We will have to have tea soon with spicy cookies :-) blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our fall here in Alberta was the same as fall there! I miss those lingering warm days into the end of September, crisp air, and the fall colours....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam

    It's so nice to meet a fellow blogger and a fellow Maritimer! I'm also starting to notice a touch of autumn in the air here on the Island. So different from last week! I'm the same as you - I love to bake (shouldn't as I'm trying to shed a few holiday pounds), burn some pumpkin or cinnamon scented candles and generally get in a cozy home-making mood.

    Have you visited Carolyn at Aitken House and Garden?
    http://warrengrovegarden.blogspot.com/
    This post reminds me of her.

    I'm adding you to my RSS feed and looking forward to browsing through your lovely blog!
    Blessings
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...