red and white Christmas

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the couple

This is an old medicine cabinet that I don't us for that purpose. 
I use it for display of my antique cups, creamers and 'the couple'.
 Do you see them on the middle shelf?
I don't know how old they are but my mother had them
and I think they are so cute.

I don't think they came together as they are made from different types
of china or porcelain.  She is laying down in the flowers and
he is standing over her.  I wonder what he is thinking?  I like
his jaunty hat and green jacket and little bow tie.  And she has
a pretty bonnet and blue dress on.  Her cheeks are very rosey.  Is
she blushing?  Maybe...


This foldout booklet is of the Ten Commandments.
It was given to me by my Grammie for Easter in 1960.
I love the pastel colours and sweet drawings.

Here is a closeup.  I'm glad I kept this. Do you see it in the first
picture, standing on the shelf?


Here is the cabinet with the door closed.  It has the original glass knob.
I found this in my mother-in-law's attic when we were cleaning it
one day and I had been looking for one at antique stores.
I'm so glad I waited as this one was free!

The other little creamers and cups came from different places ~ my
Grammie's and my mother's. 

Thanks so much for stopping to visit the couple.   Perhaps I should name them.
What do you think?

I hope you have a beautiful day.

Blessings!

Pamela




2 comments:

  1. I love the "couple" and I think you should name them...I'll be checking back to see...
    In the meantime, keep up the great Blogs--always a delight to "stop by",
    Blessings back to you Pam
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. As for the photos being larger - I tried to do it on my blog and it kept cutting off part of the pics then I changed my design template and it works now (it took some testing). Some of the templates don't let you add the larger photos - but it is worth switching to the other styles because the pictures look so nice when they are enlarged and we can see more details. Some of your outside photos are amazing and those colors just beautiful. Have fun and welcome to blogging - you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...