summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Monday, October 4, 2010

ourpreciousgrandson

Ewan, our beautiful grandson.
Hi friends,

The above picture says it all.  Isn't he a beautiful little baby?

I thought I'd give you an update since I've been away from my home computer and have really missed blogging for this past week.   I've been trying to keep up with my favorite bloggers every day to see what you all are doing and how you are preparing for fall.

We are having a wonderful time visiting with our daughter, son-in-law and new grandson in Fort McMurray, Alberta.  I can't describe how wonderful it is to hold this precious, wee baby boy.  Ewan is now 12 days old and is already growing some.  His dear little face is a welcome sight when we arrive every morning.  Jennifer is doing really well after a perfect delivery and is being a wonderful mom.  Matthew is a proud and doting dad too.  And Grandpa loves to make silly noises that Ewan recognizes now and will turn his head to him.   It's amazing all the things one forgets, after 30 odd years, of when our own babies learned so many new things.  I'm only sorry that we cannot be nearby to watch Ewan grow.  Those of you who have grandchildren nearby are very blessed so enjoy all your times with your grands.

Matthew, Jennifer and Ewan




I must admit the weather here in northern Alberta has been wonderful.  We have had sunny warm days and no frost at night - so far.  The temperatures have been in the mid-to upper teens celsius which is abnormal for here.  And I'm not complaining!  I did check the long-range forecast and next week looks like it will be in the low single digits for most of the days which is normal.



As you can see, the trees are mostly bare, but it is very beautiful all the same.

Ewan went to church for the first time yesterday.  It was wonderful to see so many friends we have met before and some of the young people from 'back home' that have made their home here in the last few years.

I forgot to mention that the trees are pretty well bare now.  There are only the golden colours of the poplar trees with leaves barely hanging on.  This picture below was taken 2 days after the top one.



Along the walking trail, the path was golden with poplar leaves.



I hope you are blessed with a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.  We certainly will be enjoying our special times with our family and friends here.

I will try to post again soon but I am quite busy looking after our little family and doing lots of cuddling with our wee one ~ the best job in the world!

Blessings to you all,

Pamela

3 comments:

  1. Awwww Pam--you brought tears to my eyes. I know it's going to be tough to leave your little babe. He is most precious and I love all the pics--beautiful family--Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos Pam. And I agree with the living far away part. I wish my kids were living closer to their grandparents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is gorgeous!! It will be a very special Thanksgiving for you and your family this year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...