summer time

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

fall in the fort



Hi everyone!   I am still around.  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.   We are still in Alberta in 'the Fort' as the locals and anyone who has family or friends in Fort McMurray call it.

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with two turkey dinners at friends homes.  Folks in their church here are very kind and generous and we've had some great fellowship and food.

We have enjoyed our visit with our family and lots of cuddle time with our baby grandson.  Our time is winding down as we fly back home Saturday evening but won't arrive at our destination until Sunday morning,  followed by a 2 hour drive home!  It's going to be a long trip!!!

There isn't a bit of colour around at all.  I think every single leaf has fallen and the hills look grey now.  However the ground under those grey trees is golden yellow and brightens up the landscape some.

The days are getting shorter and the sun is lower in the sky.  Thankfully Jennifer and Matthew's condo faces south and the sun shines through the patio door beautifully,  making it quite hot actually.  We have the door open all day and into the evening.  I could never do this at home.  I'd be shivering all the time and would probably have the heat on. ;-)  I think it's because the air is much drier here compared to the damper air of the Maritimes.  One good thing about the dry air is that it's great for anyone with any curl in their hair ~ namely moi!  My hair has never been so managable!

I am hoping to catch the Northern Lights on my camera before we leave.  That would be an awesome sight as they can be very vivid and spectacular up here.  We have seen them back home on a cold, clear winter night but up here it's WOW!

Looking down the hill at Fort McMurray
Our maple trees at home 3 weeks ago.  I wonder what they look like now?


Sunrise one morning last week in Fort McMurray.

Well, I'm going to enjoy my cup of  Stash Licorice Spice tea and
a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and the lovely sunshine pouring in.

Have a wonderful day and I'll be back next week after I get settled
back at home.

Blessings,

Pamela













2 comments:

  1. Pam your photos are gorgeous!!

    We are just reaching peak here though it is not as brilliant as usual because of our extreme drought this summer. I hope when you get home you still have some color left to enjoy! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the Northern Lights... I bet they are gorgeous in person! Sounds like you guys are having a great time with your family!

    Thanks for stoppin' by my blog! Hope you will enjoy your cradle centerpiece if you decide to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...