summer time

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I missed it!


 I missed apple season this year.  I watched the trees in the orchard
back in the spring when they were being pruned.  I watched as the blossoms
started to open and then burst into beautiful white and pink petals.
Then I watched as the leaves grew and apples formed.  It would be a good crop
this year.  We had the right amount of sunshine and rain and heat.
I watched all summer as I walked by every day and in August I could even
smell the apples, making my mouth water for a taste of a fresh, juicy apple.

When September came and the Apple U-Pick sign went up I knew I
had to get there before we got the call that our grandchild
was on the way.  However, I put it off too long, we got the call,
and with all the packing and planning we flew away and left the apples behind.
The U-Pick is closed for another season. 
I'll have to pick my apples up at the supermarket - apples grown
in another province or country - not freshly picked with
my own hands on a beautiful late summer day.

Next fall, I'll have to get out there early and get picking!


Honey Crisp Apples 2009!



Have a wonderful day!
Blessings!

Pamela




1 comment:

  1. I bet that sweet little angel is sweeter than any old apple could ever be! And now you have something to look forward to once again for next fall. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...