autumn splendour

Monday, November 29, 2010

Let it snow!

We had 4 snowfalls in one week with a rainy day in the middle that melted much of the first two snowfalls.  With the snow we received Friday and Saturday  I think we got more than 20 cm. (8 - 10 inches)!

I took a few pictures of the snow Saturday evening.  It was so pretty - like a snow globe - falling gently from the sky. 

This is our front porch/deck.  We usually put our Merrimack chairs in the
garage for the winter but winter came too fast.  See the big flakes falling?




Hubby couldn't wait to get the snowblower going!


Our picnic table on the back deck.  See how it's bare underneath?
The snow fell straight down and through the umbrella hole in the center
of the table to make a tiny pile under it.

Sunday morning it looked like a winter wonderland with the new snow,
beautiful blue sky and brilliant sunshine.

I love freshly fallen snow that coats the tree branches and boughs don't you?

You can see that I have a new look to my page.  I've been playing and discovering
all the different colours and combinations and thought I'd try this one. 
I found the pale blue to blah.  Please tell me what you think.  I value your opinion.

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Pamela








5 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! Great of you to stop by and leave a comment! Your snow looks sensational, and your header picture does too! I looked over your last post and saw what a great view you have from your living room. I use my living room everyday too. In fact, I put a picture of it on my sidebar. I always have to move furniture to get a tree in too. With all your decorating, you should link up to the tons of parties going on. I'm sure everyone would like to find you. All you do is right click on the name of your specific post, click on "copy" or "shortcut", go to the blog you want to join in on, and find the linky button and click on it. Right click and hit "paste" in the box that asks for your "permalink". It walks you through the rest. I'm assuming you haven't done it before (and one should NEVER assume!) Hope to see your link soon! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready for any of that yet-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You folks got a lot more snow than we did - ours is all melted now. It really was pretty though.

    Your home looks lovely all decorated up for the holidays. I have my window lights up but haven't pulled out the box yet. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

    I love the gold background here on your blog- very warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it looks so beautiful! I hope your rain doesn't wash it all away. Thankfully it has stayed in the minus range for the last two weeks, so we have been able to keep our snow. I love it, too, it's so nice to meet someone who loves it as much as I do. Now by the end of February we may have to have a talk and re-discuss this, but for now I am loving it along with you.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pamela, thank you so very much for your sweet comment about my holiday mantel, it made my day! Your snowy pictures are lovely!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...