summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Roosting


Can you see them?  There are three mourning doves roosting  in the old pine tree.
This picture was taken about this time last year.  This past summer we cut down
that tree.  Now, the doves don't have a place to roost.  Well, not that place,
as there are about ten other softwood trees in our yard for them.
 I haven't noticed the doves lately, probably because of all the rain we've had.
It was just too dreary to look out the window.

I feel like those doves sometimes.  Just sitting in the sun and enjoying the
peace and quiet of the world.   I know I should be baking, cleaning, shopping for
Christmas or something else that will keep me busy but there are times when one should
just sit and rest and read God's Word.  

I attend a Bible study with some very dear friends, affectionately known
as "the chickens", every Monday afternoon.  We are currently doing a Beth Moore
study.  These studies are very indepth and require a lot of Bible reading and thought.
There are five lessons per week, one per day, if you have time to do one per day!
I usually don't.  I like to do mine in lumps of two or three.  I'm doing much better
this time around though and am actually getting 3 out of 5 done each week!!

So, I'm off to my quiet space in the sun, roosting, reading the Word and studying.

Yes, the sun is shining after 5 days of cloud and rain. 

I hope you are having a great day!

Blessings
Pamela

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty photo! I agree . . We do need to just sit like that sometimes!! Sounds like an interesting group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo! I too agree that spending time alone, and in the Word does wonders for the soul ~ hope you find some renewed energy Pam.
    Thanks for the pine, it looks very pretty with the baby's breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    So nice to hear that you are getting sun finally. It is dreary and supposed to be raining turning to snow today, the dreariness is here, but not the precipitation, yet.
    I have never done a Beth Moore bible study, but I have heard some good things about them. Your photo of the Mourning Doves is very pretty.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping the sun makes its way over to PEI! Still cloudy here but at least no rain.

    I've never done a Beth Moore study in a group although I've read her books. She's excellent!

    Enjoy your quiet time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...