summer time

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

are you ready?

Where oh where has the time gone???  Can you believe Christmas is only a few days away?  I think I'm almost ready.  Are you?  I will make one more trip to town to finish up.  I have some wrapping left to do.  My baking is done (and half gone!).  Almost there.

I added something to the top of the china cabinet last week.  I'm always tweaking, even this close to the 'big day'.  My friend has these on her candle sticks on her dining room table and I knew I had 2 pairs of them and lots of extra glass balls so I got them out,  I don't know what they are called but I think they look so pretty with the coloured balls.  The candle sticks are different but the one on the left is one of a pair and they are probably 100 years old while the one on the right is very old too.






These old 'tea leaf' dishes were my mother's.






This is a little table near the front door.  I've had the little mouse for 40 years.


This vintage bowl has old porcelain doorknobs in it.


A close up of Santa.


I found this beautiful ornament at a shop on Saturday.


This glass drop is new too - two boxes of four = eight :-)


I found a new vintage house last week at the antique store.  I love it and
it's in such good shape.  I put it on the book shelf so a light could shine through.





Here are a few more snaps from around the kitchen.


An old yellow ware bowl, crocheted pot holder and vintage
kitchen tools dressed up with faux greenery.


A couple of old jars.  The one on the right has cookie cutter
people for a 'nativity'.  I saw that on another blog and thought it cute.


Cookie cutter collection including two red plastic Christmas
ones from the 50's.


An old canning jar full of vintage glass balls.



It is raining and very windy here today.  Our bit of snow is gone for now
but it is calling for more in time for Christmas.  That's fine with me
as long as we are able to fly out on Sunday to visit our daughter,
her husband and our wee grandson in Toronto and they
can fly in from Alberta for Christmas at his parents.
We are so excited to see them!

This will be my last post until the new year but I
will try to keep up with my blogging friends when I can.

I wish you all a very happy and blessed Christmas and
many blessings for 2011.  Enjoy your time with family
and friends and be safe as you travel.

Merry Christmas!

Blessings to you and yours,
Pamela














6 comments:

  1. I love all the little touches of Christmas, like the little nativity scene in the glass jar. It looks great Mom! You do such a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos Pam--You never dissapoint! I sure wish I had your flair for decorating--maybe you'll give lessons after Christmas?

    Merry Christmas to you & *yours*--Enjoy that grandson (and his parents too)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Pamela,
    I haven't been around much lately, I am using an old computer that takes so long to load everything that I just don't have the patience to do much on it. One day soon, after the holidays, I will have a fast one to use again. My hubby has ordered himself a new Apple!
    I love your vignette on top of your china cabinet! Those old candle sticks are SO beautiful and the metal things in them that you have the balls hanging off of are fabulous!!! I don't think I have seen that before. YOur decorating is really lovely!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog, I won't be around much for the next couple of weeks, we will be in Saskatchewan for the weekend and then be home by next Wed., for sure because my husband is in charge of the services at our church all of next week and the weekend. Hopefully by then I will be able to blog more regularly.
    Have a safe and happy Christmas.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas pictures, especially the candle sticks! Beautiful with the Christmas balls. By the way, thanks so much for your lovely comment about my handmade ornaments. I'm still finishing up on all the Christmas to-do's but am having lots of fun!

    Have a very blessed and Merry Christmas!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little mouse! Love the santa too. And those tea plates look lovely with the white berries around. Looks like you had a lot of fun putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so pretty and festive! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...