red and white Christmas

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

miniature Christmas houses

I love the tiny, vintage houses from the 40's and 50's.  I found 3 of them at my MIL's house and they are very tiny.  The larger one I purchased at an antique store.  It's in rough shape but I love the size and it's all sparkley with glitter.  The cabinet is an old medicine cabinet with a glass door and cut glass knob.  I display small china cups in it year around and add the Christmas houses  for the holidays.

The sparkly trees came from our home growing up.


See the little angels and the Santa?




This is a very old candle stick.  It is made in England and was
one of a pair.  The other one broke and is gone.  It stands about 18 inches
high and has a brass or metal section holding the bowl.  The chimney
isn't original but is an antique.


This is the label on the back of the base.  I don't know what "Elaine"
means, perhaps the style?


Can you see the raised embossing on the bowl?

Today I am linking with White Wednesday at Faded Charm.
I hope you have time to visit there and see many other
posts relating to White Wednesday.


Thanks for stopping by again.

Blessings to you,
Pamela


6 comments:

  1. I have to go looking for some of those little houses! I love 'em too! It's nice that you have some decorations from your childhood--I don't have a thing. Happy WW! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WW! Gorgeous candlestick!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. The silver pheasants on our dining room table are also salt and pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable way to display your houses. I collect these darlings too!
    Happy WW
    ROselle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cabinet looks lovely with the miniature houses in it.
    I love your outdoor shots both the snow and the hoar frost one are beautiful.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the little houses!! I remember my grandmother having a little church when I was little. I do not have anything like that. You have definitely inspired me to start looking around. Beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: I love the candle stick. Your home looks beautiful. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...