summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

button, button, who's got the button

                                                   

Do you remember that game from days gone by?  Well, this post is all about buttons but not games.

This is jewellry made from buttons.  Perhaps you have seen this idea before but I hadn't until we were at our friends in Toronto. 

Aren't they pretty??  What a great idea to use up all those jars and
boxes of buttons in granny's sewing room, or the ones at the thrift
store or antique shop.  These were strung with fine wire but I'm not
sure what kind was used.  The necklace could be longer as
it is a choker style and is quite stiff.


See how the necklace buttons are stacked in threes and
in graduated sizes?  And the bracelet ones are strung
crooked on purpose.  Love it!


This is another necklace with buttons of like size
and style overlapping each other. It is strung
with fishing line I believe.  It's so pretty.

So, start saving and using your buttons and be creative.  I think I
may try a bracelet if I can find enough.

I have been taking down Christmas and re-decorating and
 the tree will come down tomorrow ~ a bittersweet feeling as
I am still enjoying the white lights reflecting on all the ornaments.
But, I need to get back into some kind of order and routine
with everything back in it's place.  Do you feel that way too?

I hope you are having a great week.  Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Pamela

3 comments:

  1. I have never liked taking down Christmas. It is always a bittersweet feeling for me. I remember coming home from school as a kid, and you would have all the decorations down :( Great pics of the button jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty button jewellery - I have a can of buttons but I don't have very many in those nice colours! My mom had a button jar and I used to love to run my fingers through them.

    We just finished packing up the Christmas ornaments and tree. Always a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for all the buttons! I love putting all the Christmas decorations up and used to hate taking them down but now I am starting to like getting it put away and cleaning up. I do miss the cozy lights though.
    We are getting some gently falling snowflakes here today making it a winter wonderland!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...