summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

deer crossing

Just a year ago I was out for a drive and saw this sight.  Two deer were crossing
the ice of the headpond.  It was a beautiful sight and I just happened
to have my camera with me.


They were stepping gingerly across.


You see, they were pretty close to open water where the current
flows through the culverts under the causeway.


Isn't that a beautiful sight?  They made it safely to the other side.


The frozen river, great for skating or ice sailing if you're brave.

We're have having a Nor'easter snow storm here tonight.  The wind
is wildly blowing the snow into drifts although there isn't much snow falling.
It might make for some pretty pictures tomorrow :-)

I'll see you soon. 

Blessings,
Pamela 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs and they are very brave deer. I don't think I would go walking and certainly not ice skating on the ice!! Keep warm and safe, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela,
    What great photos, I wonder if they don't have a sense as to where it is safe and where it is not. It wouldn't surprise me. I love wildlife shots.
    We had a snowfall of about six inches yesterday and more to come today.
    We cleared the sidewalks three times yesterday.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Especially of the deer - we don't have them on the Island at all. And I guess I should be glad as they're a menace on the road and in the garden. But they're very pretty! We sure had a lot of shovelling to do after that storm. but today is sunny!!! I feel like celebrating - too many cloudy days lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed all your snow pics and the button jewelry! The scenes of deer crossing the river (lake?) were spectacular. We've had some very close up in our yard recently. They seem so lost. And there's very little new construction around right now so they must have been roaming for a long time. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved all these winter photos!
    I was in awe when I saw a sun dog on Monday of this week.
    Now I get to enjoy yours as well!
    Amazing,aren't they!
    You have captured them so well!
    We seem to be on the same page with our winter photos, yet I am here in Ontario:)
    Thank you for sharing your gift of photography with us!
    Joanne at Seasonal Hearth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...