spring hope

Monday, January 31, 2011

it's time for tea

It's time for tea with my "Maritime Rose" china.
I only have 4 teacups, 6 saucers and 4 dessert plates to
this beautiful pattern by Spode Copeland's China.
These dishes were at my Aunt Henri's home and I love the delicate
mauvey blue edge with white embossed flowers and the
beautiful roses in the center.











I love tea ~ black,  green, herbal and flavoured.
In fact, I prefer tea over coffee any time.
I love tea any time of day too.
My favorites are green, Licorice Spice, Earl Grey Vanilla,
Green Pomegranate, Peppermint, Chai Spice, English Breakfast
and good old black tea.
I don't add milk or sugar to my tea.  I remember when I first had a cup of tea
it was at a dear elderly lady's home with a friend.  I had never had
tea so I added milk and about 2 spoons of sugar to make it palatable!
I drank my tea that way for years until I was somewhere where there
wasn't sugar so I tried it black.  Not bad after all and that's the way I like it.

Of course I always have a sweet with my tea like the frosted shortbread
cookies shown in the pictures.  It may only be a Social Tea which sometimes
gets dipped in the tea. Are you a dipper? 
I think I'll go have a cuppa right now to warm me up on this cold winter day.

Today, I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.
Blessings,
Pamela



12 comments:

  1. Your Spode dishes are really pretty. I love the colors and the raised flowers....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how beautiful, Pamela! Your Spode china is simply lovely and sipping tea from such a pretty teacup would be a real treat! Your cookies look wonderful too. Thank you for sharing and for joining me for tea. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spode china is beautiful.
    Earl Grey Vanilla is one of my favourite teas but I have milk and honey in mine. A dipper? You bet, and the best are arrowroot cookies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! The pink cookies really bring out the blue of your china.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous china!! I can see why you love it. I also love tea...especially Earl Grey. But, I am so addicted to coffee I usually prefer that. I'm curious how you serve it. Do you use loose leaves and some sort of strainer or tea ball or do you use bags??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely delicate china...You could not help by feel like a lady sipping from such a cup.

    Thank you for stopping by the Lost Homes of Levy Co...In answer to your inquiry, these homes are all found in the central north west Florida USA, in Levy County...it is a wonderfully rural county that boast much more land than people (even if a good chunk is swamp lol) I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you will come back in the future as I share more of these wonderful old homes and barns.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spode china took my breath away when I first opened your post. I love blue and especially with roses. Thank you for sharing you love of tea. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your china is gorgeous! What a unique and beautiful pattern. I love tea, with milk and sugar, please! I also love coffee, I can't drink it straight, but with 1/2 & 1/2, though. Interesting how we are all so different.=o)
    Your cookies look really delicious, too!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, Your china is just beautiful! The cookies look great too. Your photography, including your header photo, is really well done. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Pamela.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those Spode dishes are lovely. I so love the raised flowers. Before I go, may I have a pretty pink cookie please. Such a charming post. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of your dish set.My favorite tea is green also.I would love to taste licorice spice.I've never seen it.Can you please tell me the brand?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pamela,
    I love your beautiful Spode china and the cookies look delicious.
    Funny, I was the same way about tea only I added milk and a lot of sugar in the beginning and now I wouldn't think of it!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...