spring hope

Friday, January 28, 2011

the key to my heart

I love old keys.

Keys unlock many things.


Keys unlock....doors, drawers, boxes, chests and treasures and...


Hearts....The Key to My Heart


Can you see it at the bottom of this ribbon?  I don't know where these
came from.  They are little metal charms or trinkets sewn onto a
black velvet ribbon.  A keepsake from the past.  There is a ship, a shoe
a hat, a wheel, a pitcher, a cup and a cat.  I wonder if they were
favours in old Christmas Crackers.  Does anyone know where
they would have come from?  I am curious. They are
all cute but, I especially like the "key to my heart".

I think I'm going to hang this special key on a chain and wear
it around my neck.  It should be a great conversation piece don't you think?


We are enjoying a beautiful winter day with temperatures moderating
somewhat to the minus single digits and sunshine forecast for the next few days.
I can really notice a difference in the lengthening of the days this week. Can you?

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my first tablescape post.
I appreciate each one of you who visit me.
I hope you have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

Pamela









3 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! Those little keys are wonderful. I've been looking for some keys and just can't seem to find any!
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela,
    Are all these keys yours? Where did you find such ornate keys?
    My favourite places to spy great keys are in England and the Netherlands...they are so ancient there with such a history!
    I love this post...so unique!
    Yes, the days are getting longer and lighter!
    And the birds are chirping...at least they are here.
    Love it!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog so that I could find yours. Love these awesome keys! Especially the heart-shaped one!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...