summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Friday, January 7, 2011

Nippon dresser set

This is a very old Nippon dresser set that belonged to my mother.


It consists of 5 pieces, including the tray.  There are 3 footed dishes,
two of which have covers, one with a hole in the top and a tall
holder which I keep vintage hat pins in.


This is the stamp on be bottom of the tray.


I love the gold trim and the pale pink and blue flowers with green leaves.


I use it on my dresser to hold my costume jewellry -
those aren't the real thing :-)






These are three of the pretty hat pins.  I particularly like the amber thistle one
and the amethyst set in brass.


We are getting a bit of snow here today and possibly tomorrow
so it is quite pretty outside, although cold.
I hope you have a great weekend.

I am linking to Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Pamela


4 comments:

  1. Your dresser set is really beautiful and what a treasure! You are blessed to own it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special that you get to have your mother's pretty set...i love the hatpins, too!
    Happy New Year!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    It's me again, and you are so right, those potato chips came from New Brunswick! Who would have thought! Also, that dresser that is in my photos is a Canadian antique, but a commode? I can't say because I don't really know what that is. Maybe it is though.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous collection...and great pictures!!
    xx
    lila

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...