summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Monday, January 17, 2011

sunday morning, fresh snow and a sundog

This was the sunrise on this past Sunday morning. We were about to head
out for church when I looked out the window and saw a brilliant red sun peaking
through the clouds.  We had a fresh snowfall in the night and it was
a pretty morning out.

All is quiet on the road.  The plow and salt truck had gone up the road
and the salt was starting to melt the snow.  The old school house
on the right sits quietly in the early light.


The clouds are backlit by the sun as it rises over this farm
and the corn stubble in the fields.


An old barn with fresh snow on the roof.


An old farm homestead on the hill.


A large vertical sundog lights up the sky ahead.  I have seen a lot
of sundogs in my life but only one other like this one and that
was in Fort McMurray this past October.  Usually they are small
and closer to the sun.


Another view behind a row of trees.


Another old farm house ~ on our way home from church.


The old school house again.  My hubby went to school here until
grade 9.  There are two large classroom and the
new piece built on the back houses
a small kitchen and restrooms. There were only out houses when it was a school.
It is now home of the Keswick Ridge Historical Society.
There is also an old country store that has been moved to the site behind
the school.  It had a date on the end of 1792.  It is being restored
and will be used as a local museum. 

I don't always have my camera with me but I needed it to take some
pictures at church that morning.  I'm glad I had it along.  The pictures
were taken through the not-very-clean car windows as we drove along.
Do you do that too?  Good thing my hubby was driving and the roads were
snow covered as he had to drive slower than normal and therefore
I could take pictures without him stopping :-)

It has turned quite cold here for a couple of days and will be -20 celsius
by morning.  That's not too bad as it's been -34 C in northern
Alberta and on the prairies for a week now.  Brrrrr!

I am enjoying my PEI tulips that give our home a 'touch' of spring.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,
Pamela


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty country, you know I still love the ridge! Kewl sun dog...nice that you had your camera with you! It is cold, isn't it?! I bought some tulips too, orange/yellow mix, love the pink it's perfect for your home ~ kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend,
    I love the photos! There is really nothing prettier than snow on quaint old buildings. The sun dog is gorgeous! I saw my first sun dog that I can remember just last week, it was a circle around the sun, don't we have an imaginative God? I know He loves beauty, because He keeps surrounding us with it!
    Your tulips are lovely!
    I am going to have some snow photos on Wed.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowy country shots! I just found your blog from Jackie's Life in Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness these are breathtaking photos!! I have never seen a sundog before! LOVE the barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I have never heard of a sundog before, but I am sure glad you shared it with us. Great photographs of the buildings and fresh snow.

    We have some sun this morning which is a little surprising,, the temp is 4.6c outside, I think I will have to go out with my camera today.

    Have a good day, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all the snow photos. Keep the winter wonderland pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures Mom!! I love the sunrise over the barns!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...