autumn splendour

Thursday, January 27, 2011

winter tablescape

This is my first tablescape I've posted.  We are not fancy folk and I don't have tons of dinner dishes.  We use Corelle 'Butterfly Gold' for everyday - they still work after almost 34 years :-)  I have 'good' dishes which are Denby Shamrock pattern which we use about 5 times a year. I also dug out my grandmother's flow blue dishes (what's left of them) and use them frequently.  And, I have Christmas dishes which I use from mid-November through New Year's.  This year I found these snowflake dishes really cheap  on sale before Christmas.  Why oh why didn't I buy 2 sets!  There are only enough for 4 people so we have had 2 small dinner parties using them this month and we use them for every meal.  I decided to set the table in a winter theme of white and silver.























This table setting is quite simple but I like the silvery, sparkly candlelight idea for a winter supper of heart- warming beef stew and home made rolls.

I am joining Susan at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/  Come on over and view some other tablescapes for Tablescape Thursday!



                                                                 Blessings!

                                                                   Pamela

13 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is exquisite Pamela, along with wonderful photography to capture the essence of a winter setting.
    I love the dishes with the charm of snowflakes, and the silvery colours....So lovely!
    I have the same tea votives in gold....don't you love them?
    You did an amazing job!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos. I only have a cannon digital so I don't know how to get great pictures. If I turn off flash they are too dark. I like your snowflake plates and the sweet napkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that silvery sparkle. For a first timer, I'd say you're off to a very fine start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did GOOD!!! I love the simple elegant style of it all.
    Are you getting a storm there? It is stormy here and the wind is starting to pick up.We think alike I have a big pot of root veggies roasting in the oven and oatmeal bread rising beside the wood pellet stove.I would not want to lose power before my bread is baked!

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela:

    Welcome to tablescaping. Your table looks glorious - like a little burst of winter blew through your home.

    As you start of the venture of tablescaping I have on suggestion. You should keep your eyes open for a set (I'd get it for 12) of white dishes. You can use that as your base and then add touches of color. When you're short on plates (as with your set of 4) you can do every other place with white and then the pattern.

    Good luck!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela,
    I am so happy you have joined me for tea! Your table is very pretty and sparkly!
    We are in the middle of our winter storm here and I assume you are as well. I just took some muffins out of the oven and I'm glad I got them made in case we lose our power. Hopefully we won't!
    I am originally from Riverview, NB myself and I still have lots of family over there.
    I am a Christian and so happy to 'meet' you. And I am your newest follower! Stay cozy.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty table scape! I would like to invite you to link this up to my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week. Take care, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table Mom! Wish I could come over for a dinner party with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I found you through Tablescape Thursday. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful...great job for your first tablescape!!! I love the white and silver, so perfect for winter....cute votives too :-)
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela! What a wonderful setting! Your snowflake plates are great. I like how you used the napkins for placemats too. So sparkly and gorgeous! Congrats on a beautiful 1st tablescape, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela, your first TT is very pretty...love the snowflake plates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning header photograph! At first I thought it was the ocean with heavy waves, but then I saw the the tree sticking out and realized it was snow. That is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...