Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Sunday, January 9, 2011

a winter walk

It was a beautiful day for a winter walk yesterday so hubby and I
took Marshall to Mactaquac Park for a hike on the
beaver pond trails.

We had a fresh snowfall for a couple of days and the temperature
was at the freezing mark and there was no wind ~ perfect weather
to get out and enjoy nature.
The above photo is the trail for sleigh rides and for snowmobiles.
One can travel by snowmobile for miles, however I believe
many of the trails are ruined from the heavy rains and
flooding we had in December.


Bunny tracks into the woods.


This is the trail groomer.


This is one of the beaver ponds under a winter blanket of ice and snow.


Me and Marshall ~ he was so excited to get out and explore.


This is the footbridge across the pond.  It is beautiful in every season.


An open brook or spring near the pond.




The beavers have been very busy 'cutting' down trees all along the pond.


Yup, they even cut this huge one down!



This is their huge beaver lodge in the pond!


If you're tired you can sit a spell.


My feet :-)  cozy and warm in my Columbia snow boots.


The two of us :-)


A break in the clouds.


A parting shot.

I hope you enjoyed our walk in the woods.  I'll be doing another post
soon with more pictures from the park as there were just too
many to share in one post.

I hope you could enjoy a walk wherever you live this weekend.

Blessings to you.

Pamela

11 comments:

  1. What great picture Pam! Look like a gorgeous place to walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! I love that trail but have never walked it in winter....think I may have to do that someday soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved taking a walk in the park with you guys Pam--we'll have to head over there soon--great pics, as always--thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    What a beautiful walk! I loved all of your pretty photos, don't you love it when suddenly the world is in black and white! I do.
    It has been softly snowing here for several days straight and today the trees were all covered in white frost, gorgeous!!! God is the best decorator ever!
    So nice to have a groomed trail to walk on, isn't it.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela, that footbridge photo is just gorgeous as are all of them, but I love that one especially. THanks so much for stopping by! This snow is pretty light and fluffy so hopefully we will keep power. There is a mixture starting though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing...I haven't walked in a snowy wood for many years nor have I seen such a big beaver dam! I must be wonderful there in the spring and summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela, this was a treat to get to go on this walk with you. I am just at a loss to know what on earth to do in snow of any form, so I enjoy going on adventures with people who do and are equipped to handle it! Love your dog, too.

    It's hard to believe that beavers can fell those big trees with their TEETH, isn't it? I have always been fascinated by them. Amazingly industrious critters, they.

    The scenes reminded me of poems I have read, particuarly Robert Frost, and I enjoyed them very much.

    Happy Outdoor Wed!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, but too cold for me :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a winter wonderland. Now get inside and warm up....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place...it is hard for me to imagine all of that snow! We only get snow in the nearby mountains and I love going up there...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...