summer 2016

Monday, February 14, 2011

the beauty of friendship

Do you need a cup of tea to warm you on these cold winter days like I do? 



I think I'll sit in the corner by this sunny window and enjoy the snow from the inside.


This is a pretty cup and saucer by Paragon. I like it's delicate green shade
and the pretty flowers inside.


A sweet cutwork linen towel.


The silver tea spoon is by Rogers.


This chair is an antique and is in excellent condition with it's original gold
paint around the edges of the seat, legs, and back. It also has flowers
painted at the top of the back.


This is a close up of the flowers.  I have seen these chairs on some blogs
painted white, which I would like, but, I won't do it to this
chair because of all the painting detail.  Would you?


The cane work seat is in very good condition as well.


While I'm sipping my tea I'll look through this old book of poems ~
The Beauty of Friendship.


The inscription inside the front cover.  I don't know who these people are.
The book was from my Grammie's but the names aren't family names.


Isn't this a beautiful preface page?  The book was given in 1913.
I love forget-me-nots.


Have you ever found leaves or flowers pressed into old book pages?
These are ivy leaves that were pressed a long time ago in this book.


Even this old photo was in the book.  The bottom was torn off.
It says "St. John, N.B. July 31/27"  I think.  I wonder who the dapper gentleman
with the straw hat is?



The 'beauty of friendship' is that I can share these things with you!

I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Blessings,
Pamela

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and such a sweet vignette! Love the little cutwork linen towel, too. And the tea cup and saucer, too!! What a cozy place to drink a cup of tea and enjoy the snow.
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LuVLy post Pamela!
    thank you for sharing your treasures today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post. What a great corner to sit with a cup of tea and relax. I love the old poetry book , how lovely to find the pressed flowers and the photograph inside.
    Thank you for sharing your treasures,have a lovely day, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Pamela. Your teacup is very pretty and the linen is lovely too! The colours are so soft and delicate. Thank you for sharing the book of poetry with us; charming! Lovely treasures!
    Won't you be glad when this winter is over? I feel so sorry for my hubby who has to work out in it everyday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day celebration.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so very lovely Pamela - the china pattern and linen napkin, just so pretty. The book is a true treasure, especially as it's a family heirloom. I'm always sad when I find books with little mementos tucked inside at the thrift shops - wondering why someone has decided to part with it instead of passing it along in their family. Of course on the other hand, it means something to rescue, take home, love ad enjoy, then pass on again.............part of the circle of life I guess.

    Sending almost-Spring sunshine and warmth your way. I actually got to work in the garden yesterday as it's in the seventies this week.....and I was amazed to find lots of green poking through the earth, yippee!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful little treasure! You are so blessed to have that book and how sweet to find the photo and the dried ivy.
    About the chair, no I would not paint it, it is so lovely the way it is.
    Hugs, Cindy
    Btw: were you able to figure out the adding of the buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are enjoying your nice hot cup of tea in your pretty teacup. It's very blustery here today - schools are cancelled and there are whiteouts. I'm home, snug as bug in a rug, in front of the fire, enjoying my cup of tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post ... I have a little book with a very similar cover ... probably from the same vintage. I, like you, look at something such as that photo, and wonder .....

    Your blog is such a sunny place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good cup of tea anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lovely book reminds me of books my mom and my grandmother had. I believe packed away I still have one or two of them. So delicate, the photo so like watercolors. Beautiful writing. The book look lovely with your delicate tea cup and linen. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so lovely! I love your beautiful cup and saucer.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your post very much! I don't think I could paint the chair either.
    It will seem like spring if we get a couple of mild sunny days-yes,I look forward to that to but I try not to get to impatient for spring yet.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a beautiful post! I love the tea cup and the chair. That is also a lovely old card. I have found flowers pressed in them too, isn't that neat. Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a completely amazing find. I LOVE old books that have little bits and pieces tucked inside. But a photo? I've never found a photo before. Lucky you!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...