summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Thursday, February 10, 2011

flow blue china

 These blue and white dishes are called Flow Blue china.


These are more dishes that were in boxes in the basement.  So, 2 years ago
I got them out and decided to use them once in a while.


 There are no tea cups, only a few saucers survived along with
bread plates, dinner plates, soup bowls, fruit nappies, a huge platter, the cover
to a vegetable dish, a creamer, a gravy boat and the cover to a sugar bowl.

There are a few plates that are a different pattern in the right foreground.
This pattern is called The Blue Danube and are made by Johnson Bros England.


The rest of the dishes are called Clayton and are also by Johnson Bros.


On the bottom of the Clayton dishes is a stamp that says Pat. Oct. 21 - 02.
That makes them 118 years old!!


Here they are in my china hutch.


I keep a few pieces in this cabinet but the rest are in my kitchen cupboards
and I do use them.  They were my grandparents dishes and I remember
my mother using them daily.  There are chips and some crazing
and the gold trim is wearing off but I use them anyway.


A close up of the pattern.




This is The Blue Danube plate.  It looks like a snowflake in the center.



We had home made chicken soup for supper recently so I got out the old dishes.







We had strawberries and blueberries topped with Cool Whip for dessert
in the fruit nappies.  I'm sure these nappies have had a lot of fruit in
them over the years but never Cool Whip!

I enjoy using these dishes not just because they are beautiful and old
but because they remind me of home.

Blessings to you!

I am linking with Show and Tell Friday at

Pamela










8 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!! Those flow blue dishes are gorgeous. Yes, I'd be using them too. Or at least displaying them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are just stunning! Such a nice family heirloom to have and USE! I'm so glad you shared this on Cindy's Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning
    They look lovely on the table and on display on the dresser.I have never heard that word "fruit nappy" before.

    Have a good weekend, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning color.. So many possibilities with those beautiful dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for using them, something that lovely need to be appreciated and using them is the best way, I think. It makes me feel so good to sit down to a lovely table. You have some gorgeous china pieces.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Johnson Bros blue dishes! They are so pretty and definitely meant for sharing.
    Have a happy day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooooooling....beautiful plates.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just stunning, Pamela, and what beautiful memories for you to treasure.
    Thanks for your nice note, I truly appreciated your advice!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...