red and white Christmas

Thursday, February 24, 2011

more of this coming

This was after the big blizzard of '08 and we don't have quite
that much snow right now but, by Saturday it could look like this again!

It is a beautiful winter day here today with lots of sunshine glaring off
the white, crusty, snowy landscape.  It's the calm before the storm.

We may be digging out on Saturday from a snowfall of up to 20 cm. or more!

This was our back deck and the corner of the garage roof that time.

It makes me want to cry.  I want it to look like this!

Yes, I'll even take dandelions over snow right now! :-) And,
apple trees in early bud.


They even look pretty gone to seed.  And, look, it's rhubarb!
Sour old rhubarb that makes delicious rhubarb crumble. :-)


Oh, to see Mrs. Robin sitting on her nest keeping her eggs warm.

But, before we see those signs of spring we'll be doing some more of this:



I'll let you know how much we got.  I know PEI and southern parts of NB
will be getting a lot more than we will so for my friends there
I hope you stay safe and cozy!

I'll be back tomorrow with a new post for Show and Tell Friday.


Bye for now,

Blessings,
Pamela

8 comments:

  1. OH Pam, I feel your pain!! We did have more than that this year. Thankfully we have lost about half our snow cover so it looks more normal now. We are supposed to get a mix then rain. Normally the rain would be welcome but with so much snow still on the ground, flooding will be a huge concern. That happened here a few years ago - very similar to what your area experienced recently. Mother Nature sure has a mind of her own, doesn't she??!!

    I pray you don't get as much as predicted! Stay safe and warm!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO!!! You poor thing, 20 cm takes so long to melt! I am wishing you only sunny skies and warm breezes!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    We have so much snow here already and the weekend sounds like a mix of rain snow and wind-nasty!

    Hope you stay warm and cozy!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it's going to be a bit on the messy side with snow and freezing rain. We'll make sure we have plenty of groceries, books and a movie or two to watch - not forgetting a very full woodbox. I'm sure we'll stay nice and cosy - hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually miss all those big snow storms. We don't get those very often up here, and when we do, its usually it April :(

    Hope you don't get too much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i know Ontario is going to hit with a mighty storm too Pamela!! I always loved a good snowstorm.
    Believe it or not we had snow yesterday and today on the island and it is freezing for here!! The only problem is they don't salt the roads as good as back home!

    Stay warm and toasty by the fire!!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you're getting all that white stuff.. I can't even say it's real name.. We're getting the defrosted version of that here in NJ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you and me both are eager for Spring. I'll gladly take dandelions to snow at this point:)
    Love your post...despite the snow coming!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...