summer time

Saturday, February 26, 2011

more snow and favorite magazines

It started snowing Friday at 1:00 pm and I took this picture at 6:00.
There is about 5 inches of snow on the table.

I took this photo at 8:00 this morning.  I measured the snow and it was 8 inches
which translates to 20 cm. I believe some areas south of here received 35-40 cm!

At this moment the sun is shining, the skies are blue and the wind is blowing
causing drifting snow. It's about -8 celsius. The roads are snowpacked but plowed and salted
so they will be melting soon, at least in the center strip.  Then the wind will
blow the snow across the roads and cause drifting.

I can hear the sound of snowblowers outside.


Looking out to the roadway.  I was out to shovel the front deck and
walked to the road through drifts to my knees to get the newspaper.
It wasn't there!


No, that's not fog.  It's blowing snow!


I picked up this magazine yesterday.  I am loving the spring vintage decor!
There are features on some of my favorite bloggers including ~ Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors and Marian at Miss Mustard Seed.

Just look at that delicious pink and green!!


And these blue bottles??  I don't have even one of these! 
But I do have a lot of clear ones with the wires that hold
the glass covers on.  And, I think there is one of these old
wire canning jar sterilizer holder thingies around.  I am getting
excited about what I can do with them ~ when and if
spring ever comes!


I am also perusing Country Living, Victoria, and the British Country Living
magazines all full of gorgeous photos, spring gardening, beautiful antiques
and vintage finds.  So many wonderful ideas that have me thinking of
wonderful possibilities.

I want to say a big thank you to my blogger friends for all your sweet comments
on my recent posts.  You are all so special and I appreciate every one of you!
Thank you Cindy from  Oakview Cottage for 'featuring' me on your post today.
I was so surprised and pleased at your thoughtfulness.  It's people like you that 
make me keep blogging.  Thank You!!

I pray you will all have a wonderfully blessed day and weekend.  Enjoy!

Blessings, 
Pamela   






5 comments:

  1. I love all of those magazines ~ I think I'm having a magazine attack. My new plan for tomorrow is exactly what you are doing now ;-)
    Have a great weekend~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may need to buy that Flea Market one, it looks interesting! Where did you buy it Pam? Been awhile since I bought a magazine, so I think it's time :-) The snow pics are lovely, but I do believe we have enough already!! Enjoy your sunny day.....blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is interesting....I'm signed in as Stephen!! I'm sure you realize that it was indeed me that posted that comment :-) I didn't know Stephen had an account! Anyway, I have it fixed......k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow pictures are peaceful, white and beautiful! Even though I'm someone who loves the snow (only if I don't have to drive in it)! I'm kind of looking forward to the awakening of Spring with all the sweet blossoms!

    Awhhhh, Magazines...

    OMGoodness, I can hardly wait to get home from work everyday and grab a cuppa coffee and cuddle up with a new magazine in front of the fire...That's what I call total relaxation!!!
    Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela,
    Lovely photos, a great day to sit and sip tea while reading magazines. You and I do have a lot in common, even our blog roll! We have many of the same ones. I found some of my favorites here on yours and I'm hoping you found some favorites on mine.
    Would you be so kind as to tell me what store you found the Flea Market magazine and also the British Country Living, I have not see either one of those magazines around here. I NEED to read them! Haha! Well, I feel like I need to, I'm sure you understand.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...