summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Sunday, February 6, 2011

snowed in Sunday morning

                                     
It is Sunday morning and normally we'd be at church but we had quite a big snowfall last night and almost every church in the city and area is cancelled this morning.

The snow didn't start until about 11:00 last night but it fell fast - big, wet flakes - that made for about 10 or more inches in total.  The roads are slippery and sloppy and barely plowed - not safe to be out on for a few hours yet. 

My hubby got up early and snowblowed the driveway while I made and answered phone call queries about whether church will be cancelled.  Since my dear hubby plays keyboards for the services he has to be there,  and I sing in the choir and we practice at 9:00.  We finally got the call that this morning's service is cancelled  but there will be service tonight. 

The skies are starting to clear with some blue showing through and the sun peeking out.  The snow has stopped falling but the wind is blowing and the best part is the temperature is about -1 celsius!

I will leave you with a couple of photos I took the other day of a bouquet of flowers that I purchased at the grocery store 2 weeks ago.  The flowers are Alsteromeria and they last such a long time.  Not one has wilted!  Aren't they pretty?


The cut glass vase is vintage as is the doily and roses plate.  Do you see the alphabet
letters around the rim?  The little birdie is from Michael's and the tin from Winner's.

I love the white with green and plum lines.  So sweet.


I would like to thank all of you who left such sweet comments on my post about
pink flowers and Valentines.  I enjoyed reading every one and also tried
to respond to every new person who posted.  Thank You!  I really appreciate
you all and wish you God's blessing in the week ahead.

Blessings to you!

Pamela

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela

    sorry to hear about the snow, I hope it has cleared up a little for you to attend the evening service.
    We were at church this morning and our sermon was about salt and light, well you will probably need both of those tonight, salt to melt the snow and light to see your way there. Keep safe and warm.

    The flowers are beautiful and gave a lot of pleasure to me as to you and I am sure all the other bloggers, thank you, gorgeous colours.

    Have a good week, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Pam!

    Thankfully we escaped the wrath of that storm mostly unscathed. We got freezing rain but not as bad as expected. With all our roof leak problems I am very thankful!

    I love your flowers - whenever I get a store bouquet, those always last the longest which used to surprise me because they are so delicate!

    I hope you get out to church tonight - stay safe and warm!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pamela...
    I loved seeing your photos. Alstromeria is a favorite of mine. Because of their longevity and color varieties. I usually buy 2 or 3 bundles of those at the grocery store, but last week it was pink tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower pics.. the plate is cute too! Sorry about your snow.. I can thoroughly understand.. we're expecting another whopper next week as well in NJ.. :( Blue skies ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know this sounds totally crazy but i feel like I'm missing out!!! I don't feel like i'm in Canada lol !!!
    My husband thinks I am silly but I miss the snowstorms and snuggling by the fire ! I haven't had a hot chocolate in ages!!!
    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...