autumn splendour

Friday, February 25, 2011

still blooming

These are the same flowers that I bought on Jan. 21!  They are still blooming!!

I cut the stems and put them in smaller containers on the kitchen windowsill.
I'll definitely buy them again.  They are Alstroemeria and come in
several colours.  The enamel ware pitcher is vintage as is the ironstone
mug on the right.

This was my slate when I was in elementary school.  Just kidding!!
This was a toy slate that I played with while elementary school age. :-)

For Valentine month I wrote a few of the key words from
the love chapter of the Bible - 1Cor. 13 as a reminder.


I found this pretty post card at a thrift store recently. 
Isn't the sentiment sweet?


It was posted in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia in 1913 for 1 cent.
I was born and raised in Moncton but never heard of this street.
I'm curious as to where it was.  It's an interesting name ~
Cheapside St. ~ and sounds very British to me.


It was from Lila.  I wonder what kind of berries they were picking?


An old portrait of my great-great-great-grandmother.  I think.


This is my grandmother's writing so it must
be her grandmother.  Apparently she was called 'Ga'.


I think Ga would have liked these flowers don't you?

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I am linking up with Cindy for Show and Tell Friday at

Blessings,

Pamela















5 comments:

  1. Don't you love finding these old things and thinking about what was going on? Such old postcard finds in antique shops represent real people who lived interesting lives. History impacts us today and we can learn much from it, if pay attention! Hope you don't get too much more snow. Because of our sudden warm weather, here in the southeast our trees are blooming! Seems a little early, but then we always say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela,
    I know your "Ga" would have loved those flowers, she was a woman wasn't she. I love the first photos, the enamel ware pitcher is gorgeous!
    I gave you a shout out on my blog today, just want you to know how much I appreciate your friendship and your blog.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela ~ just found your blog and I think it is wonderful. I live in a small town called Harrow, Ontario. The flowers are gorgeous and your "Ga" would have loved them ~ I am definitely going to follow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my granddaughter. It means so much to me. Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe during the bad storm headed our way.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela,
    Your windowsill looks like it came right out of a magazine! So lovely! The flowers are amazing and such good value for the money!
    I have a collection of vintage postcards and find them fascinating!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...