summer time

Monday, February 21, 2011

tea for one

  
A cup of tea, a good magazine and a sunny window.


The vase is unmarked and very old,  the plate on the windowsill is
marked Germany - Reinhold Schlegelmilch Fillorvitz and the cup and saucer is
Aynsley England - pattern Sandringham.


a change of camera setting


This little table was my mother's and it folds up like a tv tray table.
It is painted black with a gold scalloped edge.


It can be tucked in behind a piece of furniture or in a closet.


The two holes are to pull it up into the folding position and to carry it.
Isn't it the neatest little table? I gave this table to a friend many years ago
as it didn't 'fit' my decor.  She recently moved and downsized so
returned it to me along with another table and some milk glass bowls
I had given her!  I was so pleased to have these things back as
they were my mother's and they now fit my decor!


What kind of tea would you like?

I have been posting some pictures on my sidebar of some of my favorite
places to visit.  I hope you will take a look at them and may be
you will be inspired to come to The Maritimes for a vacation.
It is a very beautiful, slow paced, history filled part of Canada.
I think you'd really enjoy it here :-)

I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Pamela
                                                           

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! Tea for one is a great idea! No need on waiting for company. Enjoy your pretty things when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that sweet table came back to you. Sort of a second chance. It is so interesting. Love your tea cups ... I try to have a cup of tea every afternoon I'm home-- a sort of pick me up and quiet me down all in one! Loved that Victoria issue, especially the long tabled out door picnic... pure and simple beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful little table, Pamela! I'm glad it has been returned to you! That is a lovely teacup you have shared today! A sunny spot with a cup of tea and a magazine is so very appealing these days!
    It has been snowing almost constantly over here the past few weeks. We are so very tired of Winter!
    I loved looking at the photos on your sidebar! Makes me homesick! You even had some PEI photos which is nice. Do you have any of St. Martins? My parents had brought stone back from the beaches there to build a fireplace in their first home. It was a beauty!! I remember it well! Thanks for having tea with me and enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed a "cuppa" with you Pam--beautiful photos, by a beautiful gal who keeps a cozy & warm home. Something to perk one up on a wintry day. Let's have a cup *for real* soon, perhaps in front of our fire :o)

    Blessings to you my friend,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Ontario, I'm now a follower of your blog.
    Your tea for one table is lovely and it was nice to join you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post today. You are a fan of "Victoria" I see, I love the magazine myself. Love the antique table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Pamela!
    Lovely magazine...my favourite!
    And tea...how about Earl Grey Vanilla or Bengali Spice...both are great!
    Stay warm,
    Joanne in chilly Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! Oh, love your tea for one! That's a love vase and sets the scene of you vignette! What a treasure to get back that darling table and the milk glass that was your mothers! Wish I could come over! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me and be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed looking back at your last few posts and will look forward to visiting here again. I'm sure your mother would be happy that you are using her table again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    Any kind of tea would taste good in such a beautiful tea cup! My favorite is Tetley or Red Rose.
    Your little table is so sweet, the two holes and the way it folds make it less cumbersome than the conventional TV trays. A very sweet post.
    Have a lovely day, my sweet friend and thanks for the comments on my sweet daughter. How nice that you have a daughter almost the same age. I love my girl so much, as I'm sure you do, too.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...