autumn splendour

Friday, February 18, 2011

thrift store finds

I found this pretty rose serving plate while shopping at the thrift store recently.



I have been looking for an oval plate for this spot that is just the right height. 
This oval plate fits perfectly in this spot in my china hutch.


I also found 2 of these plates.  Yay! 


I was happy to find these 2 plates as I have 2 Friendly Village plates and
I would like to be able to use them together in a tablescape some time.


I've had these 2 plates for a while. The above one was my mother-in-law's
and the one below was my mother's.  How cool is that?  They each had only 1 plate!
I love the scene on this plate.  I could live in that house on that street, couldn't you?
This one is called "The Village Street".


This one is called "The Stone Wall".


This is another favorite plate of my mother's.  I love the bouquet in the center,
the flowers around the edge and the raised flowers.


Isn't this beautiful? It's like a painting.  The yellow flowers have raised paint on them.


A close up of the plate's edge.  Love it!

Another item from the thrift store.
This pretty compote came home with me in January.
I wonder what kind of 'song' bird left it's eggs in it?

My thrifty finds cost me about $10.00 in total.

Don't you love shopping at 'the Village'?  I pronounce it in a French accent. :-)

Sometime's I come out empty handed and sometimes I find a treasure or two or three.

I have also been known to take boxes and bags full of treasures there for
other thrifty shoppers who love a good bargain.

They also sell clothing, books and other household items.

For my non-Canadian friends this is a national chain called Value Village. 
Part of their profits go to the Diabetes Association - a very worthy cause.

So, if you're looking for a good bargain and like to shop thrift stores
this is a good one to add to your list of favorites.

I hope you have a great weekend!  Happy thrifting!

Blessings,
Pamela













6 comments:

  1. Beautiful plates! My favorite is the square one. Such pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love those Johnson Bros plates--I have had a similar set with all that brown, called the Old Mill...just gave it to my sister in law to make room for my mother's dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 well spent! Excellent shopping treasures you found....think I will go visit "the Village" and see what I come up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    I love anything made by JB! All your plates are beautiful; great finds! $10 well spent! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I read this right? You got all these beautiful plates, plus the compote for $10.00?? What a bargain. For some reason, when I get a great bargain on something, it makes it even more valuable than it really was. Do you find that to be true, too?
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I so love this post and wish I could have come along! I love your pronunciation of Value Village as that is exactly how my sister says it:)
    Such an elegant french boutique, n'est-ce pas?
    When I was out with my friend this week at the antique shops, I saw lots of Friendly Village dishware...collections of them. She said that her MIL had the complete collection...aren't they just so beautiful? Love them!
    Perfect Finds for a Perfect Post!
    Thanks for sharing!
    A gushing Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...