summer 2016

Thursday, March 24, 2011

another little lamb

Yesterday I posted 2 pictures of lambs in the summertime.  They were taken in two different provinces - the first one was in Alberta in 2009 at Fort Edmonton Park and the second one in New Brunswick at Kings Landing Historical Settlement last summer.  I love sheep and try to take pictures of them when I see them.



Last year our beautiful daughter, Jennifer and her husband, Matthew, had a beautiful 'little lamb' of their own.
While Jennifer was carrying her baby they chose not to find out the sex until birth.  I lot of young mums are doing that now.  Just like the old days. ;-)  Since they didn't know the sex of this child they called him or her 'little lamb'.

Jennifer and Matthew live in Fort McMurray, Alberta which is a very long way from here!  It is 'out west' and 'up north'.  We talk on the phone and Skype. and do email and Facebook.  I thank the Lord for all this new technology, otherwise we'd have to rely on the old fashioned snail mail and the odd photograph.

So, when little lamb was born, he got a name ~ Ewan Matthew. Here is a photo of Ewan when we went to visit him at one week old. 

So tiny and precious, a perfect little lamb.  How I enjoyed my cuddle time!


The new little family - September 2010 (looking a wee bit weary)

Then we got to see him at Christmas time, meeting in Toronto where
his other grandparents live.

All ready to go in the car and so happy ~ 3 months old.

On Tuesday, the 22nd, Ewan turned 6 month old.


Isn't he just the cutest little guy?  I call him Mr. Precious just because he is!
He looks so happy and recognizes our faces and voices on the computer screen now.
I often wonder what he's thinking when these 'pictures' talk to him and then
what he will think when he actually sees us in person again!


Just look at how smart he is ~ he's reading a book already!

Well, I just had to share this with you today.  A lot of you are new followers and
haven't seen our precious grandson before.  And I am a very proud Grammie,
as you can tell!  I can't believe Ewan is half a year old already.  We are looking
forward to a visit with them later this year ~ maybe even two visits if we can
work it out.  Oh to have my own wings or a pot of gold to buy airline tickets
so we all could fly back and forth to visit whenever we want!

I am so thankful for our precious family in the west.  God has been so
good to us and to them.  We are truly blessed.

Thank you for letting me brag about Mr. Precious today.

Blessings to you,

Pamela

Some of you were asking yesterday if we were getting the snow they received in
Ontario and the answer is NO as the system is travelling south of the Maritimes
through the New England states (sorry).  I know they were having 'spring-like'
weather recently but I'm afraid they may have snow and wind and cold again.
That's fickle March for you!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, your little lamb is so cute and growing so fast - just like our Lili! Doesn't time seem to fly now that they are here?? And I agree, this technology is wonderful for keeping in touch when they are so far away and even when they are close byu but Bampee went back to work!

    Some of NE got snow but we were very lucky and got barely a dusting!! I am so thankful we both escaped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela, what a gorgeous lamb, I am looking forward to mine "Harry" due on or around May 5th!!! I didn't realise how stressed I am getting awaiting the birth of my daughters first born, I think that is why I am suffering from a slipped disc and frozen shoulder, I think my poor muscles are too tense. Did you have any problems when your daughter was expecting? Do you know if there is a blog or group for Grandma's to be? Although I know I was never like this when my daughter in law had my two grandchildren 12 and 16 years ago, probably different when it is your own daughter!!

    I am lucky that my daughter is only about a half hour drive from us.

    Looking forward to more news and photographs of your Mr Precious growing up.

    Love Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, he is the sweetest little lamb. You have every right to be proud of this little guy, he's adorable. You're going to have to persuade your daughter and SIL to move East!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog Mom :) It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little lamb is the sweetest boy! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I hope that you will get the chance to see him (and his parents) more than once this year. A friend's granddaughter and her parents have just moved to Australia. It must be so hard to be so far away but thank goodness for Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too adore sheep and lambs...reminders of The Netherlands and England!
    Beautiful photos and such an adorable grandson..
    Ewan Matthew...great name!
    Love that last photo of him reading...it warms my heart!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pamela, you are so lucky. What a beautiful little grandson! His smile made me smile. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mr. Precious is absolutely adorable! I know all about children being so far away, our little ones are in the state of Washington. Not a long plane ride, but a lot of money ride!
    You do have a beautiful daughter and I'm sure she is a wonderful mother, too, she has you for a pattern to follow.
    Hugs, Cindy
    PS I love sheep pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...