summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Friday, March 11, 2011

spring finds

While visiting a favorite gift shop, called Wishes, last week I found a couple of lovely spring bouquets.  Well, actually they are called 'mussie tussies', as they are small bouquets of flowers.  These are made of velvety fabric and have a vintage look.

I chose this one for it's pale pink blooms.  Do you see the tiny shoe on the left?
My friend gave that to me several years ago.  It is crocheted and shaped
like a woman's high heeled shoe and has a tiny flower with a pearl at the front.
Isn't it the cutest?


This is the other mussie tussie. It's a deeper rose colour.
Do you see the green wirey thing on the right? 
I found that at Wishes too.
It is a vintage flower frog.
The photo is of our beautiful daughter
and her husband on their wedding day in 2008.
The round dish on the left is the one that holds the vintage buttons
I wrote about last week.  And, the pitcher is Wedgewood - from my mother.


My sister gave this sweet china bouquet to me and I like it's pink basket.
The little plate is Limoges.


Then I looked through my container of treasures and got out a similar one.
I think they are so pretty and cheery. Don't you?


Look at this sweet cherub! And all those tiny flowers too!


Sorry, but this little one is bare. 


This bowl is fairly large.  It is white porcelain and has Italy stamped on the bottom.

It came from my mother's but I don't know it's history.  It's rather unique
and I will leave it out for a while.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this
before? I would like to know more about it.



I have shown you this biscuit jar before but since the theme for
Pink Saturday is pink and green I thought I'd show it again.
I love this dish and right now it's hiding my Easter Eggies candy :-)


And lastly, one of my favorite teacups and saucers in the Scottish thistle pattern.

I am linking up with Beverly for Pink Saturday at
Come on over, as I have seen some lovely posts there already.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Pamela

15 comments:

  1. Oh Pamela, these are such lovely spring images!! So delicate and pretty! I love this teacup and saucer especially. I'm not sure I've ever seen a biscuit jar before, and I'll be on the lookout for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely spring pictures. Love them ~ the biscuit jar is beautiful ~ LOVE pink ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela!
    I am having so much fun with Pink Saturday! I am finding so many wonderful bloggers....including you!!! Love the photos you posted!! I am a new blogger! I am now following you...I hope you will follow me too!
    Looking forward to getting to know you!
    rhonda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your treasures are so pretty! I have a fond spot for cherubs and that one is precious.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Scottish teacup. Love the new header and all the spring pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when the jar that has your Easter candy in it used to have Werther's in it...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing. I had to laugh though (not at you) when I saw the tea cup in the last photo. Here in Kansas - the flower shown on the cup is a noxious weed. It's illegal to let them grow - even in the ditches! My DH always said that "some women thought they were pretty, and brought them to Kansas!" Ha! I guess maybe he was right - cause that tea cup is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela,
    Your biscuit jar is gorgeous! Love the little crocheted shoe and all the items in your first photo! Love your new header too! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Pink Saturday weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness! I do not know where to start because you have shared so many lovely things with us! I do adore the biscuit jar and the tea cup!!
    Everything is just so very pretty!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    I loved all of your goodies but my favorite was the biscuit jar. It's really pretty.

    Happy Pink and Green Saturday
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela,
    I though I posted but don't see my comment...
    Just wanted to tell you that your blog is so beautful and more lovely by the day!
    Your new header is gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pamela,
    You have some lovely treasures-that little crochet shoe is so cute and the china behind it is beautiful.
    We are getting lots of rain now and have lost a lot of snow too -yea!
    Yes, I hope a trip to the Island is on your list-i would be happy to meet you!

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a lot of pretty happening in here this week. I am in love with the biscuit jar, such a pretty pattern.
    Happy Pink Saturday to you and yours.
    I am sorry to be so tardy this week, but we are in spring in the desert and so I was outside all day yesterday playing in the dirt.
    I am your newest follower, Char

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...