Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the hay bale

Loading haybales onto a truck ~ July 2010

In July last year an area farmer and crew were busy cutting and baleing hay.
They kept loading this truck and as it got higher the truck started
leaning toward that man standing on the right.  It didn't tip, thankfully,
but I had to stop watching as it made me so nervous!
These are rectangular bales but they also did round bales.





We cut down the big pine tree and now this is the beautiful view
from a bedroom window.  I spotted the hay bale left behind ~ all alone.  ~ August 7.


One day later ~ early morning fog and sunrise ~ August 8. 


First heavy frost ~ November 6.



First snow fall ~ November 19


Long shadows on a cold, windy afternoon ~  January 24, 2011


Can you see the snow blowing across the field?  It was a minus 36 windchill!!




Slowly getting buried by snow.  Look at all the sparkles!

The snow is slowing melting down and the haybale is more visible today.

I am hoping some deer might be brave enough to come down and nibble
on the hay and that I'll be here and hopefully have my camera at hand.


In a little while the 'back 40' will look like this ~ oh let's say ~  June!
And then the farmers will return and cut the grass once more.

The cycle of life and the seasons continue.

I am thankful for the 4 very distinct seasons we experience here
even though I complain about the long, cold and snowy winters.
It is a blessing to look forward with anticipation to the next season ~
which in this case is spring.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I love having visitors!

Today I'm linking up for Outdoor Wednesday at
Come on over and see who has posted outdoor pictures there!

Have a blessed week.

Pamela






14 comments:

  1. My sons used to "buck" bales for money in the fall where we live in North Carolina. It was when they were rectangular. I loved looking at the progression of the hay bale. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lone hay bale tells a whole story by itself. I like how you captured it every season...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post. It tells the story so well. What a lovely view from your window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was like reading the Farmer's Almanac!
    I loved the narrative along with the photos...the last photo being my favourite! Yes, I guess I am craving spring/summer, but am thankful for all four seasons!
    Cheers!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when we are driving through the English countryside and to see the hay bales in the field, sometimes they are covered in plastic which I don't like!!I love the way your post has gone through the seasons, what a great view from your window. I was going to email you about hubby and radio ham but you don't seem to have an email address available on your blog. Julia and Keith at Ju-North (in my blog list) I have just found out from the same post are both Radio Hams, they live in Northumberland. My hubbies call sign is G1LKJ.

    Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you took the photos as each season began....we go along behind the balers and pick up enough hay to feed our herd of miniature donkeys. One of my favorite smells from my childhood is the smell of fresh cut hay.
    Great post!!
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Pam...These are postcard pictures. Love them.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a fleeting moment I thought I saw Spring in your neck of the woods!! Ha, ha, you were kidding us with those Summer meadows and hay bales!
    I do hope the snow will melt soon, I know how much you must be longing for some outdoorsy weather that doesn't require snow boots and ear muffs!

    Cooler here today and heavy rain on the way - no porch sitting this afternoon, instead I'm off to make a nice cup of Earl Grey to enjoy right here inside!

    Have a great evening Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thankful for four seasons too ... my favorite being spring. I can't wait. We are seeing early signs of it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love photos of a bale of hay!!!
    My girlfriend had her wedding photo of her and hubby kissing in front of one...beautiful!!!

    Thanks for the great comments on my WW post!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,
    I love the view from the bedroom window and you captured some lovely shots from all the seasons.
    I am like you and enjoy all the seasons.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fascinating sequence, Pamela. I love seeing the changing of the seasons. And thank you so much for your lovely comment! – g

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are beautiful!! I love how you displayed the changes...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great series of pictures. I hope you do get deer! What a lovely landscape. SO different from my familiar scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...