summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Thursday, April 14, 2011

lemon chiffon cake


I thought I'd better post the recipe for this delicious cake that I wrote about in
my post on Tuesday. 

Lemon Chiffon Cake

Prepare 1 French Vanilla cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Supermoist)
according to package directions.  Pour the prepared batter into a greased Bundt
pan or into two 9" round pans.  Bake as per directions.  Easy so far??

Topping:  This is the tricky part ;-)

Prepare 1 package of lemon pudding mix (not instant!) according to the package
directions but use 1 whole egg instead of what it says on the packet. 
 Now, I think this is where I went wrong.  I used Sherriff
Lemon Pie Filling!  And it makes a big 9" pie!  So, I had way too much for
the 'frosting'.  So get the correct pudding mix and the kind you have to cook
in a saucepan on the stove.  Okay?  Got it?
So, after you cook the lemon pudding, let it cool.
Then, you add 1/3 of a tub of Cool Whip Topping and mix it all together.
Lastly, 'frost' the cake.  You may want to add the Cool Whip gradually and
try the spreading consistency.  It shouldn't look lumpy like mine does.  Sorry!
I'm a bad cook ;-(  Be sure to refrigerate the cake.



Now, because I used a pie filling recipe I had a lot of the topping left over.
I simply used it on top of the cake slices as garnish, or,
you could just eat it!  It's delicious!
It's really an easy recipe if you use the correct pudding mix.
It's light and refreshing. 
You could garnish it with mint leaves or pansy petals in summer too.
I think that would look very pretty.

I hope you have better luck with the topping than I did.  But,
it's delicious no matter which way you do it.

Enjoy!

These are the dogwood stems I cut a few weeks ago and am
'forcing' in the house.  As you can see I have some buds and leaves
popping out.  I don't really know what kind of bud it will be as I've
never noticed them 'blooming' in the ditches before.  I'll be sure to
take a picture and will post it if it's an actual flower!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Pamela



8 comments:

  1. Yummy, Pamela! This looks and sounds wonderful. Well, I'm sure the left over pudding tasted great on the cake. I'd love to try this as my hubby loves anything lemon!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good, Pamela! I used to make a Lemon Pound cake using the cake mix and the pudding mix mixed in. It was good too. Love anything lemon! Hope you're having a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam. Looks good, I love recipes that are nice and easy to make. Think I will try this this up-coming weekend. Your awesome. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me. My friend Kathy told me she used the Sherriff's lemmon pie filling and about 3/4 of a tub of Cool Whip for her cake. She did have some left over too but it was a good spreading consistency. Thanks Kathy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love anything lemon so I will be trying this. Thanks Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the recipe, my husband loves lemon, so I should make that for him. I think he will love it!
    It will be interesting to see if that really buds, I haven't seen much of the dogwoods around her. In BC we had a nice dogwood tree in our backyard and I so loved it. Lots of pink dogwoods around there, too. It the BC flower, so it has a special place in my heart.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela! I had to come back and tell you - I made your cake and it's fantastic! It's a keeper and I love the icing! It's so fresh and light tasting! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting sweet Pamela and for the lovely comments. So yummy this recipe, I need to make it soon, I adore all lemon stuff. Thank you for the recipes. Have a nice weekend!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...