Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Saturday, April 2, 2011

no April fool!

April Fool ? ~ I wish!
This is our back deck and yard this morning! 
Yup!  We got about 25 cm.(1 foot!) of heavy, wet snow yesterday.

Crazy eh???
(Oops, I just said 'eh'.  It's a Canadian thing.)


The common redpoles feeding in the storm.

Our front yard Friday morning about noon time.  The snow was melting
very fast after a sunny week and warm 12 C on Thursday.


Our front yard this morning!!


Do you remember this scene?  Well, this isn't from February,
this is this morning - April 2!


Hubby snowblowing the driveway.  I don't think he planned on using
the snowblower again this year.  Ha! 


Marshall dug a spot in the snowbank and curled up ~ waiting for spring!!


Saturday morning breakfast ~ poached eggs on toast, orange slices,
orange juice and English Breakfast tea.  Yummy! 
I figured after hubby cleaned out 2 driveways he deserved a good breakfast.

Well, I'd better go and get some lunch before we go out and tackle the snow on the deck.

At least it won't last.  Warmer and sunnier days and rain on Tuesday will melt it all.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend, no matter what the weather.

Blessings to you from snowy New Brunswick.

Pamela


(this will be gone ~ soon)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a shame about the snow, but it does look very pretty!! We have been very lucky today here in the UK the weather has really improved and Phil and I have been out gardening all afternoon and my back is telling me it was a bit too much!!

    The breakfast looks and sounds delightful, hubby had definitely earned it!!

    Bring on the warmer and sunnier days and rain on Tuesday.Keep warm and safe, Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better days ahead Pamela! Soon the snow will be a thing of the past and warmer weather breezes will flow again. I think this is the last of your snowfalls...I can feel it in my bones, as Mom use to say....she was born and raised in Saint John, NB.

    But, the breakfast looks great....eh!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! At least you know it will be over soon. Your poached eggs look perfect! What a great breakfast. Enjoy this cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics! You're a great photographer, wow. I hope your spring season starts for heaven sake! I do wish you warm wheather soon.
    Well, something good came out of it, and it's that nice, warm and delicious breakfast! I coldn't but remember our everyday dishes from my mother, they were just like your Corning wear plate with the brownish small flowers! She still has them!
    XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful breakfast!! And the snow...well I'm really expecting that here but so far all we had was around 30 temps and really strong wind. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela! Oh, my goodness! A lot of snow! It won't be there forever! :) Your breakfast looks so good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela - I do hope that this winter storm is over before you know it. It's been melting around here and things are very muddy and slushy. I remember a few years ago it was May 14th when we had as much snow as you did yesterday. I'm glad to see you're still optimistic - crossing my fingers your spring snow won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that snow just awful? Ours is pretty much gone except for a few patches here and there. Enough already! I'm so tired of Winter! Our husbands seem to take it in stride though and do what needs to be done.

    And those poor Doves. The birds were certainly raked over the coals in this one. I don't think I've ever had Redpoles but my parents have.

    Yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...