spring hope

Thursday, April 28, 2011

vintage aprons and thrifting finds

I went to Value Village last week to see what they had as I'm still looking for white dishes and they did have a set for 4 with a raised fruit motif around the edge, but I'd like at least 8 place settings and something plain so I'm going to keep looking.  I did find a few treasures at VV though.



I'll start with this plate.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it as my mother had the
exact same plate and we gave hers away or sold it at some point.
The artist is Molly Lamb.  She is from Fredericton, N.B. and is married to
Bruno Bobak.  They are both quite famous artists and Bruno is very well
known for his artwork from World War II.

The back of the plate says it all.  My mother bought the first 2 in this series.
So there are 1500 of them out there somewhere, if they were all sold.
Not rare but kind of interesting that my mother did have that same plate.

I found 2 vintage aprons and a pretty square table cloth as well.


One apron is a pretty lilac print and the other yellow and orange.  They are a bit
worn with small tears and a couple of small stains but I love the pretty colours.


Look at the sweet gingham trim.


I hung these vintage aprons on my window curtain rod.  The 2 on the right
were my mothers and are made of organza. The small one on the left was
mine when I was a little girl. It has sewn up sections at the bottom for crayons. 
The other 2 are the newer ones.  Don't they look pretty in the sunlight?


Here is a close up of the pale yellow organza one.  It has a piece of black
fabric on the back to form the lady and she is stitched all around with varigated
thread.




The pretty edge of the white and red organza apron.


This is a close up of the table square.  It has orange and yellow sunflowers,
tiny bumble bees and butterflies on it. 


Prettiness.

Thanks for stopping by today. 
I am joining Cindy for Show and Tell Friday

I hope you will stop over there too and join in on the fun.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Pamela






1 comment:

  1. Pamela ~ Have to love Value Village ~ one of my favourite places to shop ~ great treasures ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...