summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

birthday celebrations and a late spring

Today is my son, Mark's, 30th birthday.  I don't know where the years have gone when this little boy of mine grew from a chubby, blue-eyed baby to a grown man.  I love this boy/man and I wish him God's best for the year ahead.  I don't have any baby pictures of Mark on the computer so I'll show you this one taken last Saturday.

He and his dad were building a deck on the back of his house.

Last year, on May 3, we had leaves on the trees and the apple trees were
starting to show blossom buds.



This is much the same view this morning with the trees just starting to bud.

Yesterday, my Bible study chickie friends gathered at a chickie's home for
a birthday celebration with a chicken theme.

She had the table all set up with nests, chickens, chocolate eggs and chickens!


We had home made beef and vegetable soup.  Mmmm   mmm good!


And, we had dessert too!  Although I don't think Dr. Oz would approve!  :-)

I guess I'll be having cake and ice cream again tonight too.  Oh dear.
Tomorrow I'll diet. 

I hope you are having a great week.  Thanks for visiting me today.

Blessings,

Pamela





5 comments:

  1. I have a 30 year old man child as well .. the years they do fly. Your chickie lunch looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 37 year old man child and a 33 year old daughter child due any day to give birth to her first child!! They are always our children aren't they even when married and with children of their own. I know I was my mums baby, even when I was widowed at 45 years old she was so worried how I would cope etc...

    The lunch looks wonderful, I love the little brown chickens. The colour of the nesting material/ straw brightens the table and that cake.... I am on a diet so quickly went past that photo.

    You are certainly behind us with Spring this year. Luckily for us our Winter wasn't too bad this year. We haven't had any rain for ages and there is a lovely forest on fire not far away from us. It was the warmest April on record.

    Have a lovely evening, Jackie in Surrey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela and happy birthday to your son, Mark. Now I'm very olden as my manchild will be 40 on Monday! :)
    What a wonderful time with your friends and the table looks so cute.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pamela - I feel the same way about my son - where does the time go!
    the soup looks amazing! And the dessert - wow!
    YUM,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes to your son. They do grow up quickly don't they?
    Thanks for stopping by today and I will have to try to do better with my other blog.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...