summer time

Monday, May 23, 2011

maritime rose

Maritime Rose by Spode.  Placemats and paper napkins are from HomeSense.

I have just a few pieces of these beautiful dishes from my grandmother's home.
There are 4 dessert plates, cups and saucers in perfect shape and 2 other cups
that have cracks but their saucers are still good.

Last week was my friend's birthday so I invited her and another dear friend for tea and cake.

Close up of the beautiful rose in the center.  The white trim on the edge is raised.  I love
the soft mauvy blue band and the pink roses in the center.




I purchased these beautiful purple tulips at SuperStore in the 1/2 off bucket.  I knew I was using these dishes so thought this colour of tulip
would go rather nicely.  I love the ironstone pitcher and the old platter.  They are on my
table most of the time with real or artificial blooms in the pitcher.  The white dresser scarf was my
great aunt's  ~ "D" for Douglas.
Do you see that beautiful pink geranium in the background?  It's from Michael's.
Yes, it's faux!  Never dies.  Always in bloom.  :-)

So pretty in the center with the bluey mauve like in the dishes.


In case you're wondering, the cake is Chocolate Fudge with real butter icing.  :-)

My best friends who came to visit now live in the city and we don't have our tea parties
as often.  It's so nice to gather on a special occasion and I think they enjoyed
their trip to the country for the afternoon.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and that you will leave a comment so I will know you were here.

I am joining Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday at
 and also

Kathy for A Return to Lovliness at

Please follow me over to visit these two lovely ladies.  I always enjoy
their posts and I think you will too, especially if you like china, tea, and desserts.

Blessings,

Pamela

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting, I hope you had a wonderful visit with your friends. The cake looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela! You took my breath away with the beauty of your Spode dishes! They're simply amazing! Along with the beautiful cake and the flowers this is a wonderful setting! Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela! You took my breath away with the beauty of your Spode dishes! They're simply amazing! Along with the beautiful cake and the flowers this is a wonderful setting! Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen that pattern of dishes, and they are so pretty. A nice table for friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness girl, you have the greatest ideas to blog about every day!!! I wish I had your imagination!
    I love these china plates and teacups, they are beautiful and the tulips are a gorgeous color and the cake looks amazing. It's probably a good thing I don't live near you, I would gain back the ten lbs. I lost in no time flat!
    Have a lovely day,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Maritime Rose is a beautiful pattern.
    It`s funny, but I was looking at a platter as I washed up after dinner - the platter is from my grandmother`s china and I thought of blogging about it - now I just might do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandmothers china is beautiful! I have never seen that pattern before.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maritime Rose is beautiful! Love the pale blue with the rose. Lovely tulip. The cake is making me hungry! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady. I love your Beautiful Tablescapes sweet lady. I also have never seen this pattern before so sweet. I would like th thank you for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape !! I hope you have a Great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table was gorgeous, love the dishes and the tulips! Thank you soooo much for having Beverly and I up to celebrate my birthday...appreciate it a lot! The cake was delicious too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,
    I am back once again to try and leave a comment here. I love the Spode china! What a gorgeous pattern! Your cake looks delicious and your tulips are so pretty. Once in a while I am able to leave a comment on someone's blog but I still cannot log in to my own. What a week it's been with Blogger! Hope your day is going well for you.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table was gorgeous, love the dishes and the tulips! Thank you soooo much for having Beverly and I up to celebrate my birthday...appreciate it a lot! The cake was delicious too ;-)

    Unknown

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...