Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Saturday, May 14, 2011

mellow yellow

We've had a full week of rain, cloud, cold easterly winds and just plain dreariness.  I had a chance to be out in the yard and gardens yesterday as it was a sort of cloudy/sunny day and quite mild.  There were lots of blackflies to join me until the breeze picked up.  They think I'm the sweetest thing around and love to take sample bites. :-)  I did find some pretty yellow's to brighten up the day.

The Daffodils are still blooming and the Forget-me-nots are just starting.


The sugar maple tree has it's pretty yellowy/green 'blossoms' on it.  Soon there will be leaves.


A closeup of the 'blossom'.


I must have dug up a couple of hundred of these yesterday! 


There were a lot of American Goldfinches at the niger seed feeder this morning.
It hangs on my hubby's ham radio tower next to our deck.  The little sparrows
were bullying the finches away.

If you are having sunny and hot weather could you please send some to
the Maritime provinces of Canada?  We have had about 150 mm of rain
in the past two weeks and we sure could use some yellow sun to help
the plants, trees and shrubs to blossom.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Pamela




4 comments:

  1. I love this post hon...soon you'll enjoy your beautiful graden totally, I'm sure the weather it's going to get so warm! Than you can enjoy a lunch, or tea al fresco sorrounded with pretty trees and lovely flowers. Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me such sweet and nice comments, I do appreciate it very much.
    Lots of hugs.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's sending you some sun! We woke up this morning to a bright blue sky with a very bright orb in it, I had a hard time remembering what it was called, it seems ages since I had seen it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela, sorry it took me this long to answer your question. Gorgeous photos on your blog.

    You had wanted to know about Light Room 3, the trial for 30 days is free, but it costs some big bucks. Around $299.00. I would do some research and see if you can find it on sale.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daffodil photo reminded me of what the sun looks like... it's been so long since we've seen it here too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...