spring hope

Thursday, May 19, 2011

tweaking

Changing to a summery look in my china hutch.

Summer is flowers and greens, yellows and pinks.  Every thing is vintage except for the green
plate, the lamp and the 'flower' napkin ring on the linen napkins.




I got this biscuit jar at an estate sale 30 years ago.  The silver picks with polished stones
in the vase are vintage.


I had a tea party yesterday to celebrate my friend's birthday but I won't show you all the
pictures until Tuesday when I join Tea Time Tuesday.  I love these purple tulips, don't you?

Last week I continued cleaning out and packing up the kitchen.  I washed and dried and wrapped
and packed in boxes about 70 cups and saucers!  I didn't know I had that many.  Oh my.  I do
know there won't be that many going back into the new cupboard!  I have 9 boxes packed with dishes
and decor and I haven't even started the every day dishes, pantry foods, pots, pans, Pyrex, plastic....
Whew!!  Too much stuff!!!


This is what I'm working on now.  We had a lovely afternoon and evening yesterday so I am
getting the front deck ready for it's summer look.  Since it is open with no protection I cannot
leave cushions on the chairs all the time so they only come out when it's nice.  And, you will
see there is no colour yet as it is not warm enough to put out summer plants.  I hope to work
on this more today and will show you what I did later.


This was last July and I can't wait for it to look like this again.


What are you 'tweaking' with this week?  Are you changing things around inside
and outside for summer too?  I know many of you have your gardens in full bloom
and are having summer weather but here in Canada, spring has been slow coming
this year and we are just getting into the swing of things.  It's a shorter season here
but when it comes it's glorious! 

Bring on summer!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blessings,
Pamela




8 comments:

  1. I too love to tweak, but rarely allow myself the time to do it. Your hutch looks awesome. it will be fun to see your porch come to life again.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do have lovely vintage things. I especially like the biscuit jar.
    We are finally getting some warm weather here so hopefully next week we will start planting our annuals out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well, this is fabulous, I love as
    all the vintage things, specially the biscuit jar! Great hutch with pretty things. Can't wait to see your porch finishes for the season. Thanks for coming by and for the lovely comments you left me.
    Hugs XO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of vintage things to view and I do like the purple tulips. It will be nice to see the photos of your tea next week.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tweaking Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela,
    Such pretty summer touches in your cabinet! Enjoy your kitchen redo...decisions are so darn hard:)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so lovely. It will be nice to unpack your things again in your new kitchen and decide what you want to keep. You may have a whole new "eye" on things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you believe that it is 30 deg. C here today! YAY for Summer weather! I'm so glad to hear that you are finally getting some good weather, too.
    I cannot believe you have so many teacups and saucer sets, you are quite the collector! I'm sure they are all lovely, though.
    Your front porch is very nice, I love Adirondack chairs, they always look so comfy.
    Have a good evening, my dear friend.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...