summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

kitchen progress

The kitchen is gone!


This is Tuesday afternoon after the demolition dudes left.
Do you like my sink?  :-)
I love how bright the kitchen is.  The colour pallette is very similar to the walls above.

This is Monday as I'm packing up.


Okay, so this is the dining room/kitchen pantry.  Yes, that's the compost bucket on the table! (it's
by the sink now)  This is not fun.  It's hard to prepare a meal.  The stove and fridge are
functioning though and the bbq is just out the back door.

Doesn't this look like an old camp?
Two things to notice:  A bouquet of lily of the valley sitting on the sink (trying to
make it pretty in the mess)
and
broken pipes under the sink!  Yup!  Not using this until hubby replaces some parts.

The contractor put the old sink in to tide us over until the new one arrives.

Hubby is laying the wiring and self-leveling cement for the heated floor today.

Painters here tomorrow or Friday.

Porcelain flooring will be installed Monday.

New cabinets installed Wednesday.

One more week!


This is the colour pallette.  Counter top, paint (golden ecru) and cabinets (coconut).
The lighting isn't great so the colours don't look this washed out.
I was going to go with an aqua paint but since one wall butts the dining room
wall, which is yellow, I didn't think it would look great.  We are having the whole house
living area (all open) painted in the fall so I'll have a better match. The ceiling in the kitchen
will be cloud white and it also butts the dining room's which is white.  There will be an obvious
difference until the rest is painted later on.

I purchased the porcelain flooring this morning.  I am so nervous about the colour.
I don't even know what it's called and it's all still in the back of the station wagon.
I just hope it will look good and last a hundred years!!

We were blessed with a beautiful sunny and hot day yesterday while the kitchen
was dismantled so we could have the back door open all day and the guys
took everything out that way and into the trailer.  They were able to save a few
cabs to be used in the garage or basement.  These old cabs were so well built with
nails and no screws.  They were built to last and sadly most of them were destroyed
as they were hard to rip out. 

I had a kind of bittersweet feeling after they were gone but I know I am
going to enjoy the brightness of the new kitchen.  There is such a difference
in the top 2 pictures isn't there?

Well, I must run along.  I'm doing laundry and have to get some lunch
which is an interesting feat in itself with no working sink!

Have a great day and I'll be back soon with more updates.

Blessings,

Pamela

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I so love the touch of the lily of the valley! You've got the right spirit. Before long, I'm sure it will be just beautiful. Hang in there.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the flowers by the sink work wonders. Gives you some beauty to focus on. A week of disruption sounds wonderfully short if it actually ends up being that! Enjoy watching it all unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Pamela...life maybe a bit tough for you in the next couple of days, but hang in there girl goods things are coming!! Looking forward to the progress, can't wait, looks to be beautiful when done. (sorry about deleting the comment under my daughter Rachel's blog, I didn't realize she was still logged in) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very brave!! I'm not sure I could face that much demo. But your color scheme is beautiful and I'm sure the flooring will be just right. Thank you for sharing, Pamela! – g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela,
    Good things are about to happen-I am sure it will be beautiful soon!

    Thank you for your kind words this evening.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking great my friend, it always gets worse before it can get better! I'm so glad the weather co-operated for once, sounds like your weather has been a lot like ours.
    Hang in there, it will be beautiful when you are done, your samples look marvelous!!! You are going to enjoy it so much when it is finished.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a pretty impressive start! Hurray for warm weather! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fun and exciting Pamela! I love renovating! I love your kitchen window!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how exciting! I'm sure the finished kitchen will be well worth the trouble. The light in the room is amazing! Best of luck with the reno.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just changed our worktops and that was bad enough. Pleased that you have good weather and a Bar B Q outside the door!!

    Looking forward to seeing the finished photographs, take care Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela you should show us how it looks now. It's been over a year. It probably looks amazing now.

    their gift.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...