red and white Christmas

Thursday, June 30, 2011

vintage chair gets happy/Canada Day holiday

I am going to link up with Debra at Common Ground today for Vintage Inspiration Friday (http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/ ) and also with Cindy at Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday (http://romantichome.blogspot.com/)  I do hope you will drop by and visit these two lovely blogs and see what others are sharing this weekend.

I recently got this chair from a lady who is moving and I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint.

Here it is before - all white and, well, just a little blah.  But see that paint can
at it's feet?  Yup!  I decided to liven her up!


Krylon's Ivy Leaf gave her a brand new look don't you think?
And she matches the little stool that I painted too.


I had this vintage barkcloth cushion cover and thought it would look great on the chair.
The green leaves even match.




I love how this sweet chair has brightened up our back deck.


I want to show you how much my flowers have grown in the past 2 weeks.


This is a little vignette on the stair landing.  It's a fake window with a box at the bottom.  I
just added a couple of old plates and a clay saucer.


Full view of it.


Friday, July 1st, is Canada Day.  Canada is 144 years old!
The smaller flag on the right is Canada's first flag called the Red Ensign.
The larger flag is the Union Jack of Great Britain.




The Canadian flag is very well known around the world with it's
simple red bands and the red maple leaf on a white background.
It was first flown from Parliament Hill in Ottawa, our nation's capital, in 1965.

Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends!

And  Happy Independence Day to all my American friends!

I hope you all have a safe and fun filled holiday.

Blessings,

Pamela

Canada Day Fireworks on the St. John River, Fredericton.

21 comments:

  1. Love the chair makeover, have a wonderful Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela! Oh, what a darling chair and I just love the color you chose! Happy Canada Day!
    Thanks so much for popping over to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a happy Canada Day too you Pamela. Enjoy your outing to Fredericton. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what we can do with a can of paint - I must have a dozen different colours!
    The chair project turned out great Pamela, love the cushion too.
    Happy Canada Day.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love your chair and the colour is just absolutey perfect. Happy Canada day friend ~!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see the barkcloth. It's perfect for the chair. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the chair and the fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chair looks great! Love the colour! Enjoy your Canada Day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Canada Day girl! Hope you have a great time! Your make over is pretty sensational. Great lively color. I'm crazy about the cushion. Your flowers are certainly coming along. Terrific to see your sunshine. Isn't summer wonderful? Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the chair. I have a t shirt in that green and I love the colour. Have a very Happy Canada day. Are the Royal couple visiting anywhere near you?

    Have a great weekend, Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour you chose for the chair - and the cushion is perfect. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post! Love the colour! The cushion is stunning! Love everything about your blog:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)
    HHappy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pamela, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. Your blog is added to my proud Canadian blogroll. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I do love that color. Have a wallet in that shade. Your chair looks great!!!

    And your flowers are beauty.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful makeover on the chair, Pamela. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Canada Day celebration!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Canada Day, Pamela. Thanks for stopping by and checking out 8:30 Newfoundland. The chair looks lovely in its new colour. I love the little yellow bench and your arrangements too. I'm a bit envious of your Red Ensign. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for one. I added your blog to my sidebar list of blog friends so I don't miss any of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect choice in paint color and cushion fabric!

    Happy Canada Day a bit late... hope you are having a perfect week-end!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color. That chair would go well in my porch! A belated happy Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your chair turned out lovely!! Hope you had a lovely Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pamela, love your choice of this vibrant green and how it matches this wonderful barkcloth! Really pops with great color! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a great makeover - love the color and the seat fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...