spring hope

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

vintage Foley tea cups

I got up early this morning to bake shortbread cookies so I could do a tea table before it got too hot.  Yes, it is very hot here today ~ about 27 C ~ and humid.  I am in the cool of the downstairs with a sweater on as I write this post.  I love the heat and will have to take a break, go upstairs and warm up soon.

This is the inspiration for this teatime today.  I have 2 of these sweet cups
and saucers from my grandmother's home.  They are so dainty with their
handpainted flowers and the sweet scallop edge in blue.  But, it was the aqua
leaves inside the cup that gave me the idea for a tablecloth.


I dug through my vintage table cloths and found this beautiful square in
gorgeous aqua. It is linen and has 4 matching napkins.  The edge of it is
also scalloped but I forgot to take a picture of it.


I set the table in front of the living room window with the morning sun shining
in on this hot day.  This is a morning tea and there is a beachy theme too.


Do you see the napkin ring?  It is a part of a shell, all shiny and beautiful.


The bottom of the cup.  Foley China. 


Let's look at some old family photos while we enjoy our tea.






I like to pretend I am in this place ~ St. Andrews by-the-Sea.  This little pillow is handstitched
and has pine and other needles inside that smell like the woods.  The vintage post card is the
old windmill at the historic Van Horne estate on Minister's Island near St. Andrews.





Thank you for joining me for tea today.  I am linking up with Sandi at
Rose Chintz Cottage for

Tea Time Tuesday at



Come along and visit some other lovely tea parties.

Blessings,

Pamela

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tea cups! They resemble the ceramic, hand decorated, we used to make at my hubby's Ceramic Co., I posted recently my daughter's Sofia's dishes that I used to design. Yeah, I usually have tea inside with air condition, some places are so chilly! Anyway, I love those short bread cookies, they look yummy with tea! Wish I could go to your house for tea! Have a great day! FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all. The china, the linens, the table in front of the window. What a great post...thanks for sharing...the cookies look pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I love those tea cups! I don't think I have seen those before. Your tea time looks so nice and inviting. Wish I could join you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful setting, Pam...love the tea cups, and the aqua linens! Very pretty! Look forward to a visit and some tea soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love aqua, Pamela! It is such a soothing, watery colour. Your table is very pretty and perfect for those teacups! It got up to 24 here and it was a lovely day for a change. Here's to more of them! Thank you for sharing your pretty table with Tea Time and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady. I love your Tablescape for Tea for Two so sweet. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape. I hope you are doing will and have a Great Week!!!
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. All so pretty! I love the sweet tea cups and saucers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so delightful. The shell napkin rings are wonderful. Now the weather has improved here and in Canada it is an ideal tea setting with the beautiful aqua blue tablecloth with the sun shining on it, perfect for tea and shortbread, enjoy, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela,

    I love your Foley teacups and beautiful table setting with the seashells. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, how gorgeous are those cups!! I can see why you would love them. I LOVE the linens too. The color is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela the teacups are sweet and I love the colors of your tablecloth and napkins .. does lend itself to a nautical theme. You've arranged it all so nicely. Too bad we can't reach into the screen and steal a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that aqua shade............and the shell napkin ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...