summer time

Sunday, July 24, 2011

another day another year

My birthday has come and gone for another year.  It was a good day.  In fact, it was a great day!  I want to thank those of you who left a sweet comment on my post on Friday.  You are so thoughtful and kind!

Looking out our front door at 7:00 a.m. or there about.

As most of you know it's been very hot and humid over most of the continent
and Friday was no exception. 

It rained hard in the morning, at noon and late afternoon.  Torrential rain.
And the air after was like a sauna. 
I rather enjoyed it.

I had a wonderful lunch with 3 of my best friends.  And,
my lunch was free cause it was my birthday!

Do you have restaurants that do that too?  Gotta love that!

Then for dinner, Murray took me to Bruno's at the Delta Hotel
along with our good friends.

We wanted to dine on the patio and it was iffy due to the heavy rains we had all day
but the sky cleared up around 5:00 and when we arrived at 6:30 our table was waiting
on the patio.  It was a gorgeous evening and we had a delicious meal.


This is the view from our table. 
You are probably wondering why the other tables and chairs are not being used.

This is a separate patio, the Dip, which is beside the pool.
They had to 'make a call' in the afternoon as to whether they should bring
all the staff in and open or risk closing it due to the rain.
Unfortunately they kept it closed.
Many people came out and wanted to eat there.


The view from the patio of the setting sun.  What a gorgeous spot!



After dinner we went to a local ice cream parlour for our dessert.

Mint chocolate fudge!  YUM!!!


This is the sky at 8:40 p.m. with a huge thunderhead blocking the setting sun.

We had a pretty severe thunder storm around 9:30.

Saturday was so hot and humid I could barely move. 
Last night a cold front came in and today it's only 20 celsius with a northwest wind.

That's a 10 degree difference plus the humidity the past 3 days made it
feel like 35.  Very unusual for us here in New Brunswick.
I'm finding it rather chilly.  I really prefer the heat. :-)

I do feel sorry for my southern friends who have had so much
heat and humidity and no rain this summer.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that the
week ahead will be blessed!

Blessings and hugs!

Pamela




10 comments:

  1. So glad your birthday was a good day. Thanks for your wonderful comment about my mom. I have heard from a few other people that they too had a parent with dementia or alzheimers. That has helped as well as writing it all down. Can't believe the view in your photos...stunning. I'd love to be able to respond to your emails but you are still a no-reply commenter. If you enable your email address in your blogger profile you will get more responses I bet. Just a thought...have a great week and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather sounds as crazy as ours, only we didn't get the thunder storm, thank God! It has cooled down here, though and it rained over night! It's a beautiful sunny day today and I'm going out for a walk here shortly.
    How nice to eat out in the open with a view like that, sounds like your birthday was perfectly delightful!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful water view...I am sure it is a popular place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Pamela! Your photos are so beautiful! Glad your birthday was so nice! Wish we could get some rains! It's been so hot here, too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sound like a perfect evening - the dinner, the views, the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds just like the perfect day...something to remember the occasion by. Unlike you, I was thrilled for the cooler air and am delighted that tomorrow brings more of the same. I've promised blueberry muffins if the house gets down in the 50s (F) overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful spot for a birthday celebration!!

    Wasn't it humid! I'm so glad we have an air conditioner in our bedroom - cools us down a bit.

    I hope your day is as perfect as ours is today - sunny, clear with a little breeze! I'm heading to the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed your birthday Pam. Looks like you had a great day and tons of people to spoil you! Happy Birthday my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Getting to spend it in that fab setting would make it happy enough for me, but then how can you beat FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    So wonderful to celebrate a birthday with such a beautiful dinner spot- what an incredible view! I'm a Leo too- my birthday was yesterday (29th).

    We have been sweltering here in KY- miserable heat- and horrid thunderstorms almost every day.

    You certainly have a beautiful blog--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...