summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canada Day 2011

We have had a wonderful long holiday weekend here with lovely warm and mostly sunny weather.  It's really starting to feel like summer. 

On the evening of Canada Day, Murray and I went into Fredericton to take in the festivities downtown at Officer's Square, right on the riverfront.  We enjoyed listening to the live bands perform and we also took a long walk along the river trail.  I'll just let you scroll down through the pictures.  Enjoy!







The boats at the Regent St. wharf.  Many of them take part in a parade of lights
at dusk.


This is Carleton Park on the north side of the river.  There was a concert going on there too.


The newly paved walking/biking trail.  It's part of the Trans-Canada Trail system.




This is the Princess Margaret Bridge which is undergoing a major renovation. 
It is all covered to prevent debris and workers from falling into the river.
Due to it's closure, the traffic in the city uses the one other bridge which causes
bad traffic tieups during rush hours. 


The city's downtown at sunset.  Taken from the old train bridge which is part of the trail.


The corner of Queen and Carleton Streets at about 9:30.
Pretty quiet.  We were so tired from walking and standing that we
decided to go home before the fireworks which don't start until 10:40!!

We did something we'd never done before when we stopped at our son's.
He let us take his four wheeler for a spin in the orchard and fields in the dark!!
I must say I was a bit scared but it was so beautiful out with the darkness and nothing
but stars overhead and lightning bugs flashing all around us.  A great way to end the day!

We got home in time to watch the fireworks from a window.


The picture is blurry through the window and 20 kms. away!!


I hope you have had a wonderful Canada Day weekend.

And for my American friends I wish you a happy July 4th!

Blessings,

Pamela

15 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day, Pamela! What lovely snaps and looks like such a wonderful time.
    Thanks for popping in to see me and be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and with some lovely weather too!!
    Love your kitchen photographs on your facebook page.

    Have a great week, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous Canada Day Weekend. Great shots of all the activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed seeing the sights of Fredericton again. It's been so long since I was there, about a decade. The river views we enjoy coming into the city from King's Landing make it one of my favorite drives.

    What a great new bike and walking trail and you say that it goes all across Canada? Wow.

    Riding through the orchard must've been a thrill. I can imagine that very nicely.

    Thanks for the lovely pics and the good wishes for the 4th. Glad that your holiday weekend was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had a good day for your Canada Day celebrations. Don't blame you for heading home early, don't know about Fredericton, but here it was real hot....even the evening didn't cool down. Great pics Pam! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great way to spend Canada Day. My sister and her family were in Fredericton for the 1st, but now at the camp. I hope you have beautiful summer weather for the next two months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed seeing downtown Fredericton, it's been so many years since I was there! Glad you had so much fun celebrating Canada Day.............

    ............Oh Canada, such a beautiful country and friendly people, I hope to get back again soon!

    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela, as always just beautiful photos! I feel like I'm there taking the tour with you! Thanks for stopping by!! I wish I could find the star that goes with the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos look beautiful!! It must be wonderful to live in canada. I want to visit Prince Edwards Island. I'm a Anne of Green Gables fan.I must have watched that movie 100 times.Have a great weekend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    It looks like you had a wonderful Canada Day! I did too, have a lovely week my friend and I will see you next week, I'm gone for a week!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing he photos! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pamela
    Looks like fun was had for your holiday weekend. I enjoyed seeing the beauty of your province.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great day! And I notice some people are wearing jackets or sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Pamela,

    Got here from Cindy's blog My Romantic Home and noticed that you do sign off with your URL as well. At least that landed me straight to your blog instead of to the profile.
    You play very well with your camera and captured Canada day well. We just finished all of our 4th of July celebrations here, our Independence day.

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    PS you have your own comments not set up to sign in with URL... Under Settings, I put my comments for 'Anyone' which creates that option.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Canada Day! Come see my display.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...