summer time

Friday, July 22, 2011

vintage things and a celebration

It is Vintage Inspiration Friday at Debra's blog Common Ground

This is a vignette on the china cupboard that caught my eye the other day, so of course I took some snapshots of it.


Some of my favorite pieces gathered together in one spot.


The green plate with the pink roses is hand painted. 


This is a smart man.  His horse is pulling him on his bicycle.
I'm not sure if the horse had run away and he was 'leading' him home
or what, but my father took this photo in the 1930's.
I think it's funny and a classic.


Milk glass vase with a sprig of lavender, lady's mantle and a mum.


Here's vintage photo of a vintage gal.

This is a photo of me when I was about 2 years old.

That was 59 years ago!

Yes, I'm celebrating my birthday today, July 22.

I rolled over the big one last year.

I didn't mind turning 60.

It was a milestone and I was grateful to have made it that far in life.
However,  it seems my body is noticing that I hit that
milestone last year and doesn't like it at all!!   :-)


I guess the best part about the past year is that I became a Grammie!


Sweet Ewan is 10 months old today.  We got to skype with him and
his mother last night.  They are so precious to me and I am really looking forward
to their visit at the end of August.

 
This is my 10th birthday party and my brother's 9th.
Yes, he will be 60 on the 26th!  He's behind me on the right.
Our baby sister is 3 years younger than I (on the 19th!) and we often shared
our birthday parties.  I can't remember why she isn't in this picture.
That is me in the middle in my favorite dress ever!  It was black
and white poplished cotton with a crinoline under the skirt.  Boy, did that
crinoline ever itch around the waist!

Do you remember dressing up in a pretty dress for a birthday?


This photo was taken last July 22 on my 60th birthday.

Murray and I went to my hometown of Moncton and had dinner at our favorite 50's style diner.
I had a fried clam platter, my favorite special treat once or twice a year. ;-)
Oh, and we also went to the Stone Cold Creamery at Tim's.  YUM!

Today I am going out for lunch with 3 of my best friends and
tonight Murray is taking me out for dinner.

After all, a girl shouldn't have to cook on her birthday!

So, as I  celebrate another year that God has been very gracious to give me
  I am very thankful and blessed beyond measure! 

I hope you will join me with Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday at



Have a blessed day and weekend!

Pamela




15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Such sweet photos tucked among the gorgeous dishes/vase. Sounds like you are in store for a wonderful day! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Pam! You make 60 plus 1 look fantastic!

    Your little grandson is adorable. I'm so glad that there's such a thing as Skype helping families to stay in touch.

    Sweet little vignette. You have an eye for such things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dear Pamela! You look beautiful and I certainly liked seeing your sweet pictures and congratulations on your precious little Ewan! I became a grandma for the first time last year! Love your vignette and I hope you'll have a wonderful day and heart your sweet little heart out! :)
    You are a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,
    Happy Birthday a day late. Sounds like a wonderful day!
    Hotter than you know what here....too hot to do much of anything.
    Loved the pictures. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Love the pic of you at 2 with the straight bangs...I had some just like them. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a very Happy Birthday, Pamela! I loved the 10th birthday picture. All of those dresses look so familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela
    A big, fat "Happy Birthday".
    I feel the same as you about getting older. I don't mind it one bit, were it not for my body rebeling!!
    You look very lovely and are growing old with grace. It sounds like a special day planned for you today with your love and friends. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday and thanks for sharing the pretty pictures with us - love the pics of you as a child and hearing about your party and the crinoline (yes, they itched!). Have lots of fun today!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Pamela! My birthday is on July 18th. Enjoy your dinner out tonight. I totally agree with you and never cook on my birthday! lol

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very Happy Birthday to you Pamela - I hope you enjoy your special day and many blessings in the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela dear, so sorry this is belated. Hoping your Birthday was extra special.

    Loved this post and seeing your pictures - you haven't changed a bit other than to look more elegant and attractive as the Birthdays have arrived. I have several years on you but must admit age no longer matters, just making the most of each year is what's important.........and styling our bangs of course, lol!!!!

    Know you and your handsome hubby are having a great time with that cutie Ewan too!

    Many happy returns - and enjoy this weekend.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Pamela, you look great! You are a year younger than me!
    I love the "vintage" picture of you, what a cutie~
    Blessings to you
    Rebecca
    PS Your grandson is a doll, isn't it fun to be a Grammie?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is how you link your email...you don't need Outlook. Go to your Dashboard. On the left are some links. Click on Edit Profile. That will bring you to your profile page. At the top under your privacy settings check the box that says "Show my email address." Scroll down to the bottom and click save. Now when you comment on another blog that blogger can email you back. If you can figure out how to put your blog URL in your email signature then commenters can go straight to your blog and bypass your profile page. Try this and then comment again on my blog and we'll see if it's working!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! So sorry I didn't make it over here until today, but I am so glad to hear that you had a happy time and you feel so blessed to have made it this far. That is exactly how I feel at 53.
    I don't know if I've ever seen a photo of you up-close! The lady I met in GW still reminds me of you!
    Big Birthday Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad I didn't miss this post. I love everything about it, but especially the old photos. SO homey, cheery, and nostalgic. The world will never be the same. You're as cute as ever. Loved seeing your childhood scenes. I have my 6-0 next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...