red and white Christmas

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

aqua depression glass tea

                   Last week I showed you the pretty aqua blue depression glass tea set I bought recently,
                                          so, I thought I'd do a tablescape with it.
                              A couple of you wondered if it was blue or green glass.
                       It is really aqua in colour much like the aqua canning jars so popular now.
                   It's a very pretty shade and I did find a place for it in my new china cupboard!


A cup and saucer with an antique silver teaspoon.  This spoon has an "H" for Harris on it
and came from my grandmother's.


I had to polish these sweet teaspoons as they were very tarnished even in their felt case.


I set the table with my turquoise linen square table cloth overlayed with a vintage white eyelet square.
The white milkglass cream and sugar set was my mother's as was the pretty transferware plate.


Love the delicate pattern on the bowl rim and side.


This is another spoon with the "H" on it.  These are a bit larger and perhaps more
appropriate for this teacup and saucer.  The other ones, being smaller, might
be better for china cups.


The bowls are a good size and might be nice for fresh fruit with a shortbread on the side
or a nice strawberry shortcake.

Does anyone know if these dishes are safe to use?  Is it safe to pour hot tea into a cup
if I use a spoon in it?  Is there lead in this glass?


Summer aqua and white with a touch of silver.


Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you will also join
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday


and

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Enjoy your day!

Blessings,

Pamela

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful delicate colour!
    Your aqua glassware looks really lovely with the silver spoons!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela
    I've not seen the aqua colour before, my it's stunning and you have it so nicely displayed for tea. Hopefully the glass is food safe, it would be nice to actually use. Love the family silver too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tea set! I also love the monogrammed spoons..they polished up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your China so sweet. with your Aqua depression vintage glass so Beautiful...
    I would like to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my new Rooster Tablescape.
    I hope you have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    your aqua glass st is a real treasure. What a wonderful shade and you have set it perfect with the aqua tablecloth. Really an inviting tea table. Thank you for this delightful tea time.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful all set out on display. The silverware really sets it off to good advantage. I'm still in awe of that color and am just wondering if it's actually Depression glass or another sort of dish that has us tricked. A little research is in order perhaps. I say use it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!

    What a fabulously pretty aqua and silver tea table vignette! ~ Delightful, rare and exquisite!

    Happy Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland!

    Please always feel most welcome to visit me. This week marks my 98th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two' and also the '69th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'.

    ~ THANK YOU!.., YOU ARE ALWAYS MOST WELCOME TO PARTAKE!

    Hugs, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! What beautiful glass! I've never seen it this wonderful color. Your whole table is so pretty with your linens. How nice you have inherited your monogrammed spoons. If you use them often you'll never have to polish them! It all looks beautiful together! Thanks for your great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela,

    Your table is set so beautifully! I love the initial engraved silverware. That is so pretty! Such a pretty color of glass too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    Your table setting of turquoise depression glass is so beautiful! I adore it, it is such a lovely shade of turquoise. Your silver tea spoons are very pretty! The milk glass is perfect with this setting. I love it.
    I missed your last two posts, so I read them just now, you take beautiful photos, dear lady!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your depression glassware. It is so beautiful. I don't see much of this color, which makes it even more special.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the aqua glassware & silver are absolutely timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The aqua glass looks so lovely on your table! I have some vintage napkins that would go well there! As far as using it, I've used my depression glass for years without a thought --maybe I should have thought! My pink teacups handle hot tea just fine, no spoon needed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam,
    What a lovely color and just perfect with your silver. I would use them....

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, everything is just lovely...love your spoons to!
    Happy tra,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pamela,
    Well, I am just loving your aqua dishes! Such a pretty table with the lovely spoons and table cloth! Aqua is one of my all-time favourite colours. I bet they look gorgeous in your cabinet too! Thanks for joining me for tea today.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I'm pretty sure that the glass is tempered to withstand the heat, but it can't hurt to put a pretty silver spoon in the cup before pouring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How delicate,your heirloom china and silver are lovely,as is the whole setting, xx jeanette ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING aqua set! Love it!!! Now I might have to go out and find me a set :)
    Visting from Tea Time Tuesday.
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...