summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Saturday, August 20, 2011

a beautiful day

Morning at the Mactaquac Marina.
Friday was a  perfect summer day ~ sunny, gentle breeze and hot!

There are a lot of boats at the marina this year. 


One can rent these houseboats for a day or a week and cruise the Mactaquac Headpond
(above the dam) and park anywhere in a cove overnight.  They are very popular.


I chose to sit on the back deck in the sun and just dream. 
These days are few now.

Pretty soon this sugar maple will be brilliant orange/yellow and
it may be too chilly to sit on the deck.


The hydrangea is blooming nicely now.

Well, since I'm up why don't we take a look at my summer blooms now.


Outhouse daisies and brown-eyed susans


pink phlox, purple coneflower, purple fanflower and pink impatiens


the front steps to the deck, sedum, purple coneflower and striped impatiens.

I see that fall mums are now for sale at some spots.  I hope to purchase 2 for the
front deck as they last through our thanksgiving (October 10) if they are protected
from frost at night.  I also will get pumpkins when they become available.


I did get to sit on the deck again for a few minutes under the umbrella and
I also sat on the front deck in the shade and read a good book in the afternoon.

I'm glad I took the time to relax on such a lovely day because it's cloudy today.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
What are you doing?

Blessings,

Pamela


7 comments:

  1. Pamela,
    your photos are amazing! Love the boats and water, makes me wish I was out there taking in the sun and water! What a great view you have from your deck! Your garden is lovely!
    Have a relaxing rest of the weekend!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. To rent a houseboat must be a fun experience. I can see why you would be happy soaking up the sun there, all too soon we'll be back into the cold weather again. Your flowers are putting on a lovely show to remember when the snow flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I'd better clarify that we don't live that near the water, though I wish we did. I had to drive to take the marina pictures. But, it's just over the hill and we can hear the boats from our back deck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela
    I'm amazed at how lovely your flowers still are.
    Mine are all dead, except the black-eyed susans.
    I would love to rent one of those houseboats and float along the water. Maybe swim a little, read a good book, or just dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela
    You had a lovely relaxing day and your flowers are all pretty.
    Hubby and I took a daycation to a town north of us and looked through the stores on the main street. Then we drove to their waterfront but dark clouds were rolling in so we came back to a nice restaurant closer to home and sat on the upper deck overlooking a marina at the lake.
    Relaxing for us too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela! Oh, what a most perfect day you must have had and your flowers are so beautiful! Pretty snaps too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela, sounds as if you are enjoying the late summer weather. Your yard looks very lush and your flowers are simply lovely. The flowers here are cooked by the hot weather. We gave up trying to save them because they looked wilted most of the time even after watering them. I also look forward to having some beautiful mums in a few weeks. Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...