summer time

Monday, August 22, 2011

down by the river


I went down to the river at sunset Saturday evening. 

I took pictures and walked across the causeway to the other side to get
a better angle.  I noticed a familiar truck parked on the grass and then a
familiar black dog.  I knew it was our son, Mark.  And I figured he was fishing
though I couldn't see him.

Mark discovered fishing this summer and loves it.


His dog, Buckley, is a black lab/border collie cross and he LOVES the water!
He had so much fun playing with this driftwood log.  He'd push it out and around
and back to shore, then try to pick it up.  So cute!


I used Picnik on this photo to change it a bit. 



I noticed how much the sun has moved over in the sky since I took sunset
pictures in July and how early it sets now ~ 8:10!!

We had 4 days of beautiful sun and gorgeous temperatures in the mid to high
20's (high 70's) but it has ended.  It is raining and very windy but warm today.

I'm going to a friend's camp with some of our Bible study girls (the chickies)
for the day.  It won't be a very nice day on the lake but we'll share a lot of
laughs and good food anyway.

I hope you have a great day!

Blessings,

Pamela





9 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. Looks like Mark and Buckley had a great time too. Enjoy your day with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed looking at your photos, there is such a sense of peace emanating from them. They just say "the end of a beautiful day, nearing the end of summer."

    Thanks so much for posting them.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun "camping" with your friends.
    I love your river shots and the photos of the son.
    I, too, have noticed the earlier setting of the sun. I'm just not ready for this fall thing yet.
    It hasn't gotten out of the 60's here and is windy, but sunny. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Pamela...loved this post. Hope you had a great weekend with your "girlfriends".
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela! Oh, what a pretty place and great snaps of your son and his dog doing those cute things! My daughter has a lab and he jumps into mud puddles. :)
    Have fun with the chickies.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Pamela,
    you are such a ingenious photograf. Your pictures show all the romantic impressions of the lake. Lovely place. Thank you for shwoing us this great photos.
    best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    just dropped from another blog as you do and liked what I saw. Wonderful photographs, especially the dog and I will call again to have browse.
    Happy weeek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images, real or with picnik's help! Looks like your son has found a wonderful way to relax! Hope you had a great day with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are simply stunning! It reminds me of the lake I went to as a child. Thrilled to have stumbled upon your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...