summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

lily fair

Bee in a lily.

These are a few pictures of lilies that I took at Cornhill Nursery on Sunday.

One of the posts holding up the arbor had holes drilled in it.  There were lilies
in water picks stuck in each hole.  Clever idea.








A gorgeous bouquet.


A beautiful arrangement in a stone vase.

And last, but not least:

The daylily I bought and planted in my garden ~ American Revolution.
Isn't she beautiful?  I am a descendant of Loyalists that came from the
United States after the American Revolution so I guess this was a good one to pick!
I chose it because it was a dark colour and would stand out against the white siding
and the yellow coreopsis.

Thanks so much for visiting today.

I am linking with Susan for Outdoor Wednesday at


Blessings,


Pamela

11 comments:

  1. What a fun outing. Loved the daylilies in the post and the stone vase. Such clever ideas. The daylily you purchased is stunning, such a fantastic color. Enjoyed your previous post too, and your visit to your cousin's home, so much history there. The sky shots were gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous aren't they? I'm enjoying our lilies, newly planted this year. I'm disappointed that I don't seem to have planted any pink lilies though - will have to fix that oversight!
    I'm a UEL too - and well remember an elderly grand uncle impressing on me just why this was important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lilies! Amazing arrangements! You are so talented with your pictures! Hope you have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a eyeful and a treat. Those are gorgeous.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely lady.
    Your flowers are Beautiful !!! You take some lovely pictures sweet lady.. I would love to put a flower arrangement together with your lilies for my next tablescape. I would like to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my new tablescape. I hope you and yours have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beauty all right! Very deep tones.

    A scrumptious feast of lilies here today. I still have a few odd and sundries blooming, but not as many as I see there.

    Yes, we had the rain yesterday and I'm happy to report sunshine and blue skies today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More beautiful photos/flowers, and such a variety of color! Amazing when you think of the creativity of our God in giving us so much to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! I love daylilies and you've some pretty ones. You do take the most beautiful snaps.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela
    You chose a very pretty daylily to plant and I love the post with the flower tubes.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular! I have some I dug up from the roadside many years ago, now transplanted to my daughter's house! Stop by and visit too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...