spring hope

Sunday, August 28, 2011

a tropical storm

Hi my friends.  I thought I'd just check in and let you know the tropical storm Irene has arrived here.  It poured rain off and on all day and now the wind is blowing.  Apparently the storm has been downgraded but we will still receive a lot of rain and wind overnight.  There are storm surge warnings along the Bay of Fundy coast which touches New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.  The storm is heading north through Quebec province but there is a wide swath of rain and wind - a bulb - that will spread out over the Maritimes.  It could be worse but we'll be fine.  Thanks so much for your concern and prayers.  We still have the night to go through which makes me nervous when I can't see what's going on outside. :-)  I expect by after noon tomorrow the sun will be coming out and the weather looks great for the rest of the week.

I told you about the concert we were going to last evening ~ All Together Worship 2011.  What a beautiful evening it was.  If you love contemporary Christian worship music and ever get a chance to hear Dan Bremnes or Paul Coleman don't miss it.  They were amazing!  Dan is from B.C. but travels all over Canada and Paul is formerly from Australia (from the group The Newsboys) and now lives in the U.S.  and travels all over.

This is what the skies looked like all evening.  Dark ominous clouds that seemed
to blow away with the warm southerly breeze, which also kept the mosquitoes at bay.
Apparently there were some heavy showers around the area but not in Keswick!


Richard Paul on the right, is from Fredericton and is accompanied by Evie Morrison on background vocals.


This is Tim Milner from Nova Scotia with his band.


Dan Bremnes and a local church band backing him up.


Paul Coleman, the Aussie, with his acoustic guitar.  Just him.  And God.
And the 'cathedral' of the open air.  Awesome!  What a time of worship.


The closing song ~ Amazing Grace ~ with Dan and Paul.



A part of the crowd ~ larger than last year's ~ all ages, all faiths worshipping together.

Amazing Grace

I hope and pray you who went through the wrath of Irene are safe.
I'm sure there will be a lot of mess to clean up tomorrow.

Take care and God Bless!

Hugs,
Pamela


11 comments:

  1. My eye caught the word Keswick, as in what we call "canadian keswick?"My dad has to spoken there (years ago)...now I'm interested in the history as it wasn't outdoor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe from Irene, what an amazingly widespread storm it has been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela! Oh, I'm so glad you're safe! This has been a storm that has covered lots of ground!
    Now it does look like you had a bit of fun!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I flew home on Saturday as the airport here in Toronto, Ontario had many flights cancelled. Hope everything stays safe for you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so enjoying your Blog! Irene paid us a visit last night and took our power for the evening. We had strong winds most of the night but getting calmer this morning. The concert looked like a great time! We'll be watching for it next year. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping the night didn't bring any unpleasant surprises with the storm. The concert looked lovely, love the hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice concert Pamela and I hope the weather behaved. We have a town named Keswick on the other side of the lake where our youngest daughter lives.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pam,
    I wish you luck for the night. The concert looks like fun.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope you all are OK. I know Irene was downgraded but she still wreaked havoc everywhere she hit. Glad you had fun at the concert before the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time, and God was so good to give you such lovely weather. I'm so glad you did not get a lot of rain or wind, I pray you came through the night safely. You really should have come to Winnipeg with your hubby, we have had above average temps and a wonderful breeze.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela,
    Hope your are well...
    ~Liz

    PS beautiful pics as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...