autumn splendour

Friday, August 26, 2011

vintage laundry bags

Since our sweet grandson is coming to visit in next week I have to prepare
things for his bed.  We are borrowing a Pack & Play crib for him to sleep in.
I have saved all the sheets from when our children were babies.  I don't know if
they will fit this portable crib but I think we can make do.  The animal print quilt was
made for our daughter, Jennifer, by her Grammie.  I don't even think most babies use
blankets on top nowadays as they have such warm sleepers but I thought it would
look cute in the bed.


I love the pastel animal prints on the baby sheets don't you?  It was a nice sunny day to
get this laundry on the line and smelling fresh.


I have collected some vintage embroidered laundry bags.  This one hangs in the bathroom.


I also have 2 sets of sock stretchers hanging there.  These old cloth laundry bags
sure didn't hold much so I'm glad we have a nice wicker laundry basket today.


My laundry bag collection.


This one is embroidered and also painted.




This has appliqued clothes on the embroidered clothesline.


Such small stitches!

This poor girl is right on her knees washing on the river rocks!
I wonder why there were so many Dutch scenes for these laundry bags.

I am very glad I don't have to use one of these to iron my laundry!



Aren't you??


We've come a long way haven't we? 

I'll be thinking of my friends in blogland who may be affected by
Hurricane Irene.  I hope you are prepared and will be safe.

We will get some wind and a lot of rain here I expect. 
I'll fill some buckets with water to flush the toilets incase the power goes out.

Today I'm linking with

Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday


Have a safe and blessed weekend!

Pamela


12 comments:

  1. What a fun post! My goodness I have an old iron just like that, it was in my mom's famliy. I may have sold it don't remember, thinking I could only hold on to so much family history! Have a nice weekend, in anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to have your grandchild visit, and the vintage linens are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat bag is especially cute! I have an old laundry bag of my mother's. It's one of those ones made to look like a little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some pretty vintage linems-I love the redwork bag!

    Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and hopefully Irene doesn't do much damage.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend,
    I adore your laundry bags! THose are very unique, I haven't seen many of those around.
    I love the sock stretchers, too.
    Stay dry and safe!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela
    That baby bedding is so sweet. I bet you're just counting the days until your little grandbaby arrives.
    I love those laundry bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little bed is going to smell so sweet - sunshine and breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have a great collection of items. I have never seen or heard of the sock stretchers!! The vintage laundry bags are lovely, I recently bought a couple to use for our holidays.

    My daughter uses a cellular blanket on Harry's cot when it is cold. She says that it is advised not to use a duvet until they are one year old.

    Have a wonderful time when they visit. We are booked to have Harry to stay overnight three times before Christmas, can't wait!!

    Have a good weekend, weather here is ok although we have had spots of rain this morning, Phil got the back garden grass cut. Just needs to do the front now!!

    Love Jackie.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have pointed out that the sock stretchers are for home knit woolen socks and the stretchers would come in various sizes. One would pull the socks over the stretchers to dry and not shrink up. I remember my mum using them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some wonderful vintage laundry items - they're beautiful - lovely that you'll be using them! Hope you have a grand weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet. I love the animal baby blanket. How lucky they are you saved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable, I especially love the one with the kittens playing tug-o-war! so cute in your laundry, thanks for linking up to VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...