summer time

Thursday, August 25, 2011

what's new? I'll tell you

I've been busy this past week and can't even seem to sit down to do a blog post let alone catch up on all of your posts!  Some of you have been very busy blogging about so many interesting things.

I mentioned that I was going to a friends camp at the lake on Monday.  There were 5 of us chickies that gathered for a lovely lunch, lots of talk and laughter then supper before we went home.

It rained so hard all morning but by mid afternoon the sun shone and it was beautiful.

Yoho Lake


The chickies ~ that's me on the right.  Our hostess, Jan, is holding a copy of our
new study book called Boundaries. 


I hear it's a good study.  Has anyone heard of it or read the book?

I guess you all heard about the little earthquake in Virginia that was felt all the way up here in little old Fredericton.  It was shaky enough to cause 2 or 3 office towers to take a break in the afternoon and go out to the sidewalk. 


This is the Fredericton skyline.  Small city and small office towers.

Our office towers are not really towers.  The tallest is 9 floors.  I like small cities with small office towers.

I didn't feel a thing out here in the country.  We did have an earthquake here in 1983 I think, that shook our house badly.  We thought it was a chimney fire.  A few hairline cracks appeared in the sheetrock afterward but that's all.

Oh, I think we might just have us a bit of a storm on Sunday night into Monday too.  I guess Hurricane Irene 'might' make an appearance.  Then again she might not.  One never knows with these storms that seem to travel at will from left to right.  So, we could get about 100 mm of rain or maybe 30 mm.  And we'll no doubt get some strong winds and it will be warm and humid.  I will have to put all my hanging baskets and plant pots in the garage for protection.  I want them to keep blooming for another few weeks.

I am getting ready for the arrival of our daughter and grandson next week too.  And our son-in-law comes the following week.  I have a lot to do yet, lists to be scratched off, food to buy (got the diapers already), cleaning, scrubbing, laundry.  Some of the cleaning can't be done until the dog is removed from the premises.

Marshall

Sir sheds-a-lot can't be in the house with a crawling baby for almost 9 days!
  So, Marshall will be boarded at our son's
house where he can play with his buddy, Buckley.  I could get used to that.

Murray installed the new over-the-range microwave last night with a little help from 'moi'.


We celebrated by cooking a bag of popcorn!  Corny, I know.
But it was after 10:00 and we were tired.


The dishwasher is in place but not hooked up yet.
I really hope it can be hooked up and running on the weekend but...
I'll let you know.


Almost done.  Still the backsplash to do and some under cabinet lighting
and the dishwasher hooked up.

Did I mention that hubby has to go on a business trip on Monday
and Tuesday?  Oh yeah.  Just when there's a hurricane coming and I could
use some help with the cleaning.  And, we have company coming!
Did I mention that??
And I have to go to physio and grocery shop on Tuesday too and then
come home and clean and cook and mow lawn.  Just kidding!
I don't have to mow lawn.  But, I will be busy!

So, I may be scarce around here for a while.  I've got lists to scratch off.

And....


This little guy just might make it all worthwhile.  Don't you think so?
I love that smile. (he has 6 teeth now)

See you soon.  I hope.
I'm going to scratch off  'write blog post' on that list.

Blessings and hugs,

Pamela


14 comments:

  1. Ahh...how sweet is that little one!! I would certainly shut down my computer too!
    That book looks interesting. I will be curious to see what you think. I hope hurricaine Irene does not make an appearance for your sake. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela!
    What a cutie pie and so worth all the work for preparation of his arrival, right!?
    I hope Irene's storms miss you!
    Looks like a fun time with your girlfriends.
    Love seeing your beautiful smiling face!

    Take care and don't work too hard.
    :)
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, you're going to be the good kind of busy...getting ready for such wonderful company and it will be worth it all. What fun to look forward to. Kind of makes Irene pale in comparison. The latest models of her track show her going about 30 miles west of us so hopefully, you'll not get too much from it. Really, the earthquake was felt all the way up there? I didn't feel a thing, even funnier was that my sister didn't either and she's in New York. Ha! She said if it happened the day before when a lady keeled over after hitting her golf ball, she would've thought an earthquake had happened. ☺

    (My heart is in NB today as my aunt, well into her 90s, passed away there yesterday. I'm thinking of my cousin and his family. It will be a quiet graveside service so I won't be traveling. Still...)

    Your kitchen looks fabulous and I do so hope that you can get the dishwasher hooked up. It'll prove very timely.

    Lovely group of friends and now I'm off to learn more about the mentioned book. I've not heard of it before now.

    Take care and don't overdo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, what a cutie you have to look forward to! Enjoy the visit! I don't think I've read Boundaries but know about it and know I need more :-) The lake view is lovely (by the way it looks like you have a great group of friends to study with) ... and lastly, your kitchen looks wonderful! I really like a white kitchen. You've done such a nice job. By the way, I had that same tray--got for a wedding present but I think I left it somewhere along the way. Now they are quite costly at antique shops. And I have the same little lamp! No surprise I guess! Have a good weekend, with all that wonderful anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking kitchen; I covet your microwave!

    Yes, I know the Boundaries study. We did it at my church many years ago and it made such a positive difference in my life. Excellent book!

    I'm praying that Irene blows out to sea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really fun group! Yoho Lake is so beautiful and incredibly blue. Cute baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little fellow will definitely make it all worth while grandma! We have the book "Boundaries", let me know what you think of it, my hubby has read it, but I haven't even picked it up.
    I have felt several earthquakes, a couple in the Vancouver area and one in Prince George, north-central BC.
    Your kitchen looks lovely!
    Happy cleaning and getting ready!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time with that little sweetie!
    I'll have to look for that book. In my work I teach courses on Boundaries - in fact I'll be away next week to do that very thing. I love what I learn from blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh!! your grandson is gorgeous. Have a wonderful time with him and your daughter!!

    Your kitchen looks great and I hope you get the dishwasher plumbed in before the family arrive.

    Keep safe from the hurricane, love Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have a lot to do to get things ready but I'm sure you'll have a lot of energy just looking forward to that little guy and his fam visiting! I was surprised that NB felt the earthquake - I don't think we've ever had one over here. Our sandstone cliffs wouldn't hold up very well in an earthquake I'm afraid. Every year we lose some to hurricanes and tidal surges.Speaking of such ... I wonder if we'll get hit by Irene?
    Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful time with your little fella. Who cares about blogging when family's around. Hope that Irene gives your corner of the world a miss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pamela
    What a busy gal you are! Nice that you had some bonding time with your friends - not heard of this book but have read another on self help. (we grandmas can use all the help we can get)
    It will all come together and you'll have a great visit with your family.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've read and totally enjoyed 'boundaries' - very healing book.
    wonderful to see fredericton again! great photos. funny to think my home is higher than the tallest office bldg there '') it's my own 'perch' where i love to read in this gorgeous sunny summer!
    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...